Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Old Hat

Expo in Crystal River, Florida

Thought I would see if anyone is going and might want to make a forum meet and greet over a lunch/dinner & beer.

The expo is February 9-10th.

I'm going one or both days.

Would love to go. I wanted to go last year but had other obligations the same weekend. Maybe a weekend visit to my brother's is due.

Checking the calendar now..

4 hours is a little long. I'm on the east coast almost directly east. Takes me just under 2.

That’s too bad Mike. It was a lot of salty stuff last year. They could use a fresh perspective. :)

I don't know. Only lived here for about 1.5 years. This salt fishing is pretty new to me so I enjoy it because I have a lot to learn about Florida and the fishing here. This Expo is the Florida Chapter of the FFI (which used to be known as the International Federation of Fly Fishers). There may be other Expos during the year. I think there is a 1 day one in Orlando each year, but that wouldn't help you out either.

That is only 3 hrs... :)

I have thought about going to the AFFTA/IFTD show in Orlando before, but still...

And I think they are moving it to Colorado after this year.

Yeah about three hours from me as well and I would have to go through Tollando and spend too much play money just getting there.