Fly Tying
vicente

Bugger swap #2

Can you pm the address too?

Another dumb question, would you rather have another envelope with a new return label on it or just a return label inside the original envelope to reuse the original? Sorry if this was in the rules, only question I couldnt find an exact answer to.

XZ5eEyI.jpg

Okay mods...Now that you have all those magical powers that pic of Norm's should be posted as a sticky as first post in this forum. Not a swap goes by that someone doesn't get it when it's so nicely laid out there.

Thanks Norm, thanks mods if you can do this with an "All swappers read" heading.

if the super moderators can make a new thread a sticky i will create a new one with up to date information regarding swaps

GO for it flytire! Please title it "All swappers must read 2.0".

If it's okay with the team, one of us will delete the original with that name and stick yours up there.

@flytire, I know your photo has this shown correctly, and ignore this if you think it's already obvious enough, but if the instructions are being redone maybe add emphasis that the return envelope has to be actual stamps and not metered postage...

chug

i agree 100% on the stamps vs metered postage.

i recently sent out a package for a swap and asked the postmaster that question and she said ir was only good for the day it was printed.

most swaps are a month long so the metered postage is no good for the return envelope

You are lucky vicente. I have sent many packages with overlapping stamps. My PO office when putting on 4 or 5 stamps to make right postage does that all the time and told me as long as at least half the stamp is visible along with the value of the stamp you can overlap. So one day I get a note from a SM my return envelope was not legal because of over lapped stamps. Once in many years and he finally talked her into sending and said he'd warn me about it. Me and PO still doing it and never a problem.

Yea I think it's one of those things where you get the gov employee that wants to be a pita because they can, I had as inspector on my house that let a few things slide that would've been a pita to change cause it didn't matter but made me have my special inspection form written out to say 2016 CRC (ca residential code) instead of 2014 cbc even though the install was just per Simpson's instructions that probably haven't changed in 30 years.