Steeldrifter

Another side project

WQDo5Y.jpg
yuEmDn.jpg
N2ltjS.jpg

Tk26Eg.jpg
mOWyQp.jpg
YeDnON.jpg

This is a 3d background I just finished for the raffle tank at the auction this weekend my cichlid club I am a member of puts on. Just have to seal it with Pond Armor tonight and then install it in the morning and shes good to go.

Good looking set up,bud!Are you carving pieces and siliconing them on then hitting with heat gun?Never done a background like that for any of my tanks,but I want to now!

That's truly a good looking rock wall.

If I didn't know, I'd swear it was sandstone or sculpted concrete. Looks heavy and solid.

Good looking set up,bud!Are you carving pieces and siliconing them on then hitting with heat gun?Never done a background like that for any of my tanks,but I want to now!

Process is- Siliconing pieces on then carving, then using a wood burner with spade bit for detail, then heat gun, then drylok, then paint, then dry brush highlighting white, then Pond Armor 2part epoxy clear sealer.

Process is- Siliconing pieces on then carving, then using a wood burner with spade bit for detail, Okay ... I'm worn out then heat gun, then drylok, then paint, then dry brush highlighting white, And now I'm ready for a nap then Pond Armor 2part epoxy clear sealer.

I'm glad aquarium background building isn't a required course !!!