Fly Tying

Whenever I use mono for tying thread I catch the material in a few turns of thread, get it exactly where I want it - then hit it with just a trace of thin super glue (Krazy Glue is my brand...) then just keep on tying... The super glue locks each material in place just fine (and the finer the mono (4lb, 2lb...) the better the mono holds when being used as thread... I used to routinely keep a spool or two handy on my spool rack that I'd filled with line I was stripping off of a reel - works like a charm, I've never bought mono for thread ever....

I use a clear polyester thread that I pick up in the sewing section of a craft store. There's 400 yards on a spool. Last time I brought it was $1.49. I've stretched the legs of one of my older bobbins so the spool fits on it. I like it better than mono thread. I think it's stronger than the mono and doesn't slip as much I use it on all my bait fish pattern, clousers and buck tails.