Fly Tying
Fisherboy0301

Reptiles!

This guy with the stubbed tail rode to DD's and back prolly 80+ miles and another 80 mi to CircleS, New Hebron dis morn @70+\-mph. He started on da hood thought he got blowed off but back out this evening...

IMG_4799.png

A coworker caught this in the woods while hunting public land near his house. Not sure how many are around here, but this is the first big one I’ve heard of in my area.  Probably was released locally.  Apologies to anyone offended by a snake being killed, but a lot of families camp in this area. Sure wouldn’t want my 3 year old daughter to stumble onto this big girl.

40439FB1-90A6-4299-B9A6-5C33BAA6F9CD.jpeg

Sheesh! That thing could take a child!  Do they have a bounty on them.   See on tv they catchem and release? WTH!   My exotics guy in DelRayBeach says the iguana are “no limit and taste like chicken”.  Still a nuisance, vegetarians.  Last year when it got cold down there they were “falling outa da trees!”   Ever pursue them?

14 hours ago, caloosa bug said:

A coworker caught this in the woods while hunting public land near his house. Not sure how many are around here, but this is the first big one I’ve heard of in my area.  Probably was released locally.  Apologies to anyone offended by a snake being killed, but a lot of families camp in this area. Sure wouldn’t want my 3 year old daughter to stumble onto this big girl.

40439FB1-90A6-4299-B9A6-5C33BAA6F9CD.jpeg

Wow!  I could be wrong, but I think that's actually an African Rock Python not a Burmese Python.  I believe they're established around Miami at this point, but have only been so for a few years.

Was checking for acorns/squirrel sign under big willow oak.  Found another guy/gal prolly checking for squirrels too.  Got one good lick on his head, rotten stick broke three places.   He crawled up in big brush top so I retreated!   Had to be 4’ or better way bigger than my arm.   Hard to see his head but bunch of rattles on his velvet tail...timber rattler  Glad dog wasn’t with me.   Might need to pack some heat for awhile.

Been awhile.  This one not near as fat.  He was crossing driveway headed towards HankyBoy’s dog house

I prolly need to stay outa da woods at least with just “steel toed flipflops” on😛.  Not good dancing around with rotten sticks after a big snake with shoes you can’t back up in😳😝

84383869-311F-4971-A31B-F7EFFE9578D8.png

D7D09308-12AE-4BE9-8477-171CCE4C4C0C.png

2FE4A08E-26C3-49AB-A497-E200749F911B.png

92BBF46B-D4D1-49F5-B220-F0A09BC8830B.png

Looks like a Timber Rattlesnake.  Shame to see it dead, unless you're planning to utilize skin and meat.

I'm blaming this old dinosaur for my lack of success carp fishing yesterday morning.  Only the second I've seen in the wild during my decade-plus in Louisiana.  This one probably went 40-50 lbs.  Not a true monster, but an impressive beast nonetheless.

Chris

58527413_ALLIGATORSNAPPER.thumb.jpg.52deb13d3aaafb568cd5b0a7c36d3d44.jpg

Nice picture.  Just enough detail to know there's a foot detaching creature down there while still shrouding it in a little bit of mystery.