Fly Tying
HFT

will this catch fisherman?

After screening the river a week ago I noticed that the eyes were very prevelant in the eggs in my screen. Then as I recalled other screenings I had done they were prevelant in those eggs also. So I worked on this embrio egg: eyes, spine,yoke,viens. I have yet to fish it because it is only a few days old but I am sure it will catch fish. But I am after a bigger species-Fly fisherman. What do you think? good,bad or indifferent? dunno.gif

post-2-1109967682.jpg

That's bad to the bone!Did you use black marker to get the outline?What's the red,feather?

Sweet looking egg for sure.Time to fire up the glue gun LoL!

Brent.

For real? If so, I think you have the latest in fishermen catching bugs. How long did it take to create? As long as the gestation of the egg? You could call it Stem Cell Research........

Good job.

i've seen some beautiful and extrodinary flies since i joined this forum but i have to say this egg has captured my attention more than any, this is simply incredible, i would love to see a breakdown of how you went about making this creation, simply a work of art, great job, Bud

Formula:

Hook-Daiichi 1510-10

Yoke-3mm plastic bead(this one is orange)from spinner making supplies

Thread-14/0 primrose

spine- size A rod wraping thread black

viens-size A tying thread Danville 210

Eyes-lg.black round rubber leg

Egg-clear hot glue

Thanks for the uplifting comments. I tie a bunch of the innerbodies up before I get the glue gun going. No marker envolved,tie the bug and envelop it in hot glue. The red viens are a small piece of thread tied in and split up. I like the name Stem cell.

What a cool fly! The first realistic egg I've ever seen, very imaginative and creative. I bet those would sell, quickly. Nice tying.

Graham

QUOTE (Graham @ Mar 4 2005, 04:37 PM)
What a cool fly! The first realistic egg I've ever seen, very imaginative and creative. I bet those would sell, quickly. Nice tying.
Graham

Good point! Maybe we should transfer this to the Realistic forum!

(I'm not kidding about buying some HFT! I've never really used any kind of egg imitation, but this one's got me ready!)

QUOTE (luvinbluegills @ Mar 4 2005, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (Graham @ Mar 4 2005, 04:37 PM)
What a cool fly!  The first realistic egg I've ever seen,  very imaginative and creative.  I bet those would sell, quickly.  Nice tying.
Graham

Good point! Maybe we should transfer this to the Realistic forum!

(I'm not kidding about buying some HFT! I've never really used any kind of egg imitation, but this one's got me ready!)

Luvinbluegills,I don't Know how much they will be. I am on contract with Pacific fly group and I sent them samples 2 days ago if a fly shop in your area does there flys they can get them for you. It usually takes 3 to 4 weeks to come out of production. I am not much on production tying myself.

I tried to take a pic. of pre glue, but batteries went dead in camera. In an hour or so when the recharge I will post a pic.