Fly Tying

Site is slow

Is anyone else having problems with the site being slow? I can generally get on the site ok but once on it takes 15 to 30 seconds to go from one place to the next. It took me almost a full minute to start a new thread to post this message. I've noticed this for the last week or so.

could be a server issue

could be your internet service provider is having an issue

could be the solar flares from the sun :)

NO problems here. Do you have an antivirus program? Does it do scans automatically ... that you might have forgotten about?

Usually, when my computer is super slow ... that's my problem. About 2 hours to complete a full scan.

The other problem is, if you DON'T have an antivirus, maybe it's too late.

Seems ok today but yesterday it was really slow for me.Could not load the page.

It actually timed out waiting for the site to load and brought up the little box saying there was a problem loading and asking if i wanted to wait or cancel.

I have anti virus and it does auto scans regular and i have no problems with any other site.

But seems ok today so who know's what the heck it was.

Just continuing with reason for sow computers ...

One of my fellow instructors does Harley-Davidson Dealer classes. He was having trouble with some of the diagnostic laptops.

Took over an hour EACH, to clean out all the temp files. Hadn't been done since they were new.

Registry files, temp files and buried files left over from updates ... all these "clog up" the works.

Just continuing with reason for sow computers ...

One of my fellow instructors does Harley-Davidson Dealer classes. He was having trouble with some of the diagnostic laptops.

Took over an hour EACH, to clean out all the temp files. Hadn't been done since they were new.

Registry files, temp files and buried files left over from updates ... all these "clog up" the works.

ccleaner does a good job at that, at least on regular computers.

cleaning your computer may help your compuer but it doesnt help the server this or any other website its located on

from the interweb

Sometimes websites load slowly because of the server. ... How this works is that your browser

notifies your server asking it to send the data for your website over, so that the site can load.

If there is an issue with the server, this will take longer than normal.

The cause of slow servers usually lays with the web host.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2038500/why-some-web-sites-are-much-slower-than-others.html

https://www.infopackets.com/news/9531/web-pages-load-slow-i-have-fast-internet-why

This was the only place I was having a problem. Oddly enough it seems to have cleared up as I am no longer having the problem here.

Thanks for the replies anyway.