Fly Tying
retrocarp

March Flies From The Vise

Just a little tip you might want to try. Have fun Denduke!

The lakes here in Dixie have lotta chironomids in them so been using popper dropper. Problem is tying a clinch knot to the popper hook bend is causing missed strikes. Need a better way to allow bream to get it in their mouths better.

Even when I get to go trouting I use hopper dropper; why use indicator w/o a hook in it... These lil foams oughta work fine for that too

I've been trying to find a picture, but what you could do is tie a loop of mono off the back of the hook, like what folks tie to keep a tail from fouling, but smaller. Use that mono loop as your attachment point for the dropper. If I find a picture I'll post it. I'm going to give this a try this spring! Thanks for sharing!

The month is still young, such good work. Banner month on tap it seems.

A few DDTs in size 22.

post-61480-0-68235900-1520438608_thumb.jpg

post-61480-0-15180300-1520438629_thumb.jpg

Just a little tip you might want to try. Have fun Denduke!

The lakes here in Dixie have lotta chironomids in them so been using popper dropper. Problem is tying a clinch knot to the popper hook bend is causing missed strikes. Need a better way to allow bream to get it in their mouths better.

Even when I get to go trouting I use hopper dropper; why use indicator w/o a hook in it... These lil foams oughta work fine for that too

IMG_2548.png

On those little foam flys you could tie a loop of beadalon in like the you would to make an articulated streamer but weigh adding a second hook to tie your dropper onto.

I've been having fun filling boxes this month before the weather changes for the better. My caddis box is now complete with the latest additions of the F2 Caddis Pupa.

F2Caddis.jpg?format=750w

And A lighter Color

F2CaddisYellowTan.jpg?format=750w

Nice ties, nice photography, and nice website. Recipe?

Thank you.

Yes, On the website in the fly tying section. I fixed the link on the images above to go to the recipe.

@jpn, superb, did you design that yourself?

The fly? or something else? I think I designed the fly myself but no-one can ever be too sure about pattern originality anymore. With seven billion people on this planet, it's likely that it's been done before.