Fly Tying
StoneFlyTyer

Any woodturners on here

The glue up before the lathe time must've been hell.

Beautiful result, though.

3 hours ago, mikechell said:

The glue up before the lathe time must've been hell.

Beautiful result, though.

Mikechell,

You are correct!!!

thumbnail-48.thumb.jpeg.386b33b9ce0ea8a552fa95f9ae376f0b.jpeg

That doesn't look like much fun. Sure came out great though.

Was it a rotator cuff surgery on your shoulder? I need to have that but been putting it off for about 8 yrs now.

My brother put off back surgery for nearly 20 years.  Spent 15 of those practically hobbling whenever it tightened up.  (Which was more and more often as years went by)  After getting the surgery, he was able to actually kick himself in the butt for not having it done sooner.

14 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

That doesn't look like much fun. Sure came out great though.

Was it a rotator cuff surgery on your shoulder? I need to have that but been putting it off for about 8 yrs now.

Shoulder surgery is not a piece of cake, but the benefits from having it done are significant.  My left shoulder wasn’t too bad when I had my right one done, but when it degraded further I went in and had it done - no hesitation. And now both shoulders are great despite numerous complications in each. Fortunately I had great range of motion going into the surgeries and through the use of a great physical therapy team range of motion in both shoulders is great. Only your surgeon, with good MRI scans and an overall understanding of other health factors, can tell you what the outcome of surgery may be. For example, if muscle is torn from bone for too long reestablishment of blood supply could be difficult. 

Jeff

Great stuff,   I had a lathe but had to sell when i moved,   I mainly made mallets out of old bowling pins and wooden fishing lures.   When we get settled again i am setting up another shop for sure.   

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.