Fly Tying
flytire

April Flies From The Vise

Silver Doctor #1/0

What hook are you using?

These are tied Partridge M2 #1/0

flyfisher.org_.2018.04.15.childers-web2-

Childers, on a #5/0 hook from Flemming. Tied in hand with silk thread and a lot of good wax!

My Lucky Nickel Midge.

This has been my go midge for the past two weeks. Based on the naturals that I have sampled recently.LuckyNickelJig2018.jpg

Dam!

Kimo

Getting a Dam from kimo is quite an accomplishment, I'm sure I've gotten a few that were followed by the words, "that's ugly".

Great looking fly, what sizes are you tying them in, also have to say I'm glad you started posting I always enjoy seeing your work.

Thanks, Kimo, Mike, and Vicente.

Vicente, these are size 18 with a body length of about 5mm. I rarely go smaller than 18's out in my region. I appreciate that you like my work, it means a lot.

Again, thank you.

My fly for White and Yellow schooling Bass. Tied on a size 2 Gamakatsu B10S hook. Not very pretty in the vice but it is a winner in the water. On some of these flies I will add several wraps of wire for a bit more weight.

post-62444-0-10200100-1523878042_thumb.jpg

Childers, on a #5/0 hook from Flemming. Tied in hand with silk thread and a lot of good wax!
. Nice one! I havent really tried tying in hand. I can hardly even tie in my vice!

Try it! Learn a lot about material and how they behave!

Eide ... what is that harpoon thing behind your fly?

It is a custom dubbing needle from Yasuhiro Ogasawara, one of the best hook makers around!