Fly Tying
flytire

April Flies From The Vise

Thanks! First, I am experimenting with image hosting websites, which is why the picture is blurry. To answer your question, the blue feather is just a kingfisher blue hackle with Gallina overtop. Now that I have taken this picture, I have seen some imperfections in the fly that I wish I would have done better. attachicon.gifC9DF6AC1-DAA0-4C8D-AAAE-6DF1A96518B8.jpeg

There are many things that are lovely till one looks at them under high magnification, and I likely see the some of what you mention. Its still beautiful, perfection is not the same as beauty, that's why we have different words. LOL. Doubtless since you are not fully satisfied you will improve your next one.

R

It's been another great pattern month IMO. Thanks or sharing.

Last one for this month......Ducky Darling (variation due to lack of materials)

on Mustad 9672 streamer hook size 6

post-20027-0-31835900-1524926917_thumb.jpg

Fantastic, Kimo.

Looking at your pics I think I need to improve my photography skills in order to improve my tying.

Now I tie ok flies and they look ok because I take ok pics.

If I took pics like yours I would see every little thing that is really not ok and needs improvement.

henry

i'll go out an a limb here and say its not the photo hosting site that makes photos blurry

its the operator and the camera. the camera does nothing after it gets turned on. it needs external input from the user to do anything

blurry (out of focus)

crNlLhC.jpg

sharp (in focus)

a9o8aoo.jpg

same fly, same camera, same lighting, same photo hosting site (i use imgur)

other than resizing the photo using photoscape, no other photo editing was done to the original

These 2 flies we're tied by my 10 yr old son while I was taking a nap , lol . I love that . He used some materials he was given by Denduke . He is inspired to tie .

post-60201-0-63289900-1524955750_thumb.jpg

These 2 flies we're tied by my 10 yr old son while I was taking a nap , lol . I love that . He used some materials he was given by Denduke . He is inspired to tie .

20180428_184354.jpg

I think it's great that your son wants to tie. It's great to see kids showing an interest.

Awsome young man, keep it up.

Hey Bo, might wanta show Afton how to attach, wind hackle, secure behind the popper bodies and make some foam flies and use the rubber legs. Not sure about the foam behind the corks. The foam frogs are all cut and glue no tying needed. Main thing he's tying and having fun. Lotta videos around to tweet the little guys efforts...

You and he can look back on these first efforts and grin one day! Good stuff for 10yr guy!