Fly Tying
flytire

April Flies From The Vise

JAN 20

Kimo

That's massive lol

Like those old Japanese Godzilla movies, LOL!

Kimo

JAN 20

Kimo

That's massive lol

Like those old Japanese Godzilla movies, LOL!

Kimo

lmao

These 2 flies we're tied by my 10 yr old son while I was taking a nap , lol . I love that . He used some materials he was given by Denduke . He is inspired to tie .

attachicon.gif20180428_184354.jpg

Fabulous that he shows interest enough to tie on his own after watching you. Now he'll want his own vice so he can sit beside you and tie while you teach him other techniques.

I have a 7yr old grandson who is now showing a bit of interest, but it seems many kids want the fast paced things these days.

Keep encouraging him for you'll have a lifelong fishing buddy............at least until he gets old enough to be interested in meeting a girl.

These 2 flies we're tied by my 10 yr old son while I was taking a nap , lol . I love that . He used some materials he was given by Denduke . He is inspired to tie .

attachicon.gif20180428_184354.jpg

Fabulous that he shows interest enough torn tie on his own after watching you. Now he'll want his own vice so he can sit beside you and tie while you teach him other techniques.

I have a 7yr old grandson who is now showing a bit of interest, but it seems many kids want the fast paced things these daylus.

Keep encouraging him for you'll have a lifelong fishling buddy............at least until he gets old enough to be interestedl in meeting a nmgirl.

These are tied from extra pieces of material that I received in the mop piece swap. Can't remember what it's called, maybe someone in the swap can refresh my memory. Figure it would make a decent leech pattern. I've seen leeches this big and color swimming around in Lady Evelyn Lake up in Northern Ontario. Never saw a smallmouth go after one, but maybe the smallmouth and largemouth in the lake up in the Poconos where I'll be staying for a week won't be so fussy.

post-309-0-96804300-1525051755_thumb.jpg

post-309-0-61430700-1525051768_thumb.jpg

I went to the Fly Fishing Rendevous here in Denver on Saturday. I stopped by Phil Iwane's tying area and was extremely fortunate in that he spent about 30-45 minutes with me showing me how he ties his Iwan E-dun parachute. Also got some interesting leader tips. Suffice it to say mine are not even close to his. On the other hand I tested them the next day on the South Platte near Deckers and they were fish catching candy. Size 20

post-61480-0-86746800-1525119143_thumb.jpeg

post-61480-0-21704300-1525119325_thumb.jpg

These are tied from extra pieces of material that I received in the mop piece swap. Can't remember what it's called, maybe someone in the swap can refresh my memory. Figure it would make a decent leech pattern. I've seen leeches this big and color swimming around in Lady Evelyn Lake up in Northern Ontario. Never saw a smallmouth go after one, but maybe the smallmouth and largemouth in the lake up in the Poconos where I'll be staying for a week won't be so fussy.

Philly Looks like the real thing and definitely should swim like one too.

Could turn out to be the MOAL's.