Fly Tying
Mike West

Warm Water “Top to Bottom” Swap

Mine will go Monday. Could send now but need to do a better job on a couple of them.

Not going to lie I've had a hard time motivating myself on this swap so I'm only about half way there, I did get this articulated mouse tied up last night so I hope whoever gets my box has an 8 wt and some big bass

post-58401-0-78892400-1526867431_thumb.jpg

I'll get mine out today. Can't say I'm really happy with all of them but did my best to have something for everyone...that is every fish in warm water. Couple of bottom bouncers for bass of mid-size to handle with most any rod. Couple of Zebras for panfish going deeper. Couple of articulated streamers for bass or stripers or hybrids and couple of Cypert minnows for crappie and pans in mid level. Couple painted poppers for bass, ugly damsel fly, and a small creature that I hope holds up to the 'gills that will be killing it on top. The popper heads were store bought and I did put them on popper hooks with the twisted shaft to hold in place.

Got mine in the mail this morning. My flies are definitely more on the bass side of things but I did make sure to tie one panfish fly for each category. Also I tied an extra for each category so you can pick out three for yourself.

-Mike

Sent mine out at lunch today. Po says you should get them Friday. I kept trying to tie better ones and ended up adding a bunch of blems to my box. Even over trimmed a few hair poppers, popping whole color sections out, ruining a hour long tie. I ended sending 17-18 total that are fishable.

Mike you can pick out whatever you like of the extras, or send the bunch. Thanks for hosting.

Mike, mine sent today ETA: Tuesday 5/29.

Will you be taking pics so we can see what everyone tied?

Thanks for hosting a great swap idea.