Fly Tying
mikechell

I really DO hate people.

Mad Duck. You need to make up a bunch of hats. Sew a stuffed duck to the top of each one like the crow on Depp's head in "The Lone Ranger".

Next time a boatload of bassers roars in on you like that, shoot them in their heads, then throw those hats in their boat. Tell the cops that, from your vantage point, all you saw were ducks flying in for a landing !!!

Mad Duck. You need to make up a bunch of hats. Sew a stuffed duck to the top of each one like the crow on Depp's head in "The Lone Ranger".

Next time a boatload of bassers roars in on you like that, shoot them in their heads, then throw those hats in their boat. Tell the cops that, from your vantage point, all you saw were ducks flying in for a landing !!!

I don't begrudge them their fishing, but they should give me some space when I'm hunting. Besides, Who in their right mind argues with a boatload of ARMED men

I got up today and spent the entire day never finding someone to hate, just like yesterday and all the yesterdays before. Hating is very difficult and it must take a laser focus. Tomorrow I shall sharpen my focus and really give it a go.

Well then you must not have got out of the house today Greg lol. Nope doesn't take any lazer focus what so ever. I'm just like Mike, I will flat out say that I do hate "most" people. It's not that I'm a bad person or that I have some problem myself. It's simply that I have interacted with enough people in my lifetime to realize that 90% of the people you meet/deal with are very self centered, entitled narcissist's and I personally hate dealing with or interacting with people like that so I will say I hate them and not feel one bit guilty about it.

I got up today and spent the entire day never finding someone to hate, just like yesterday and all the yesterdays before. Hating is very difficult and it must take a laser focus. Tomorrow I shall sharpen my focus and really give it a go.

I suppose it's good there are people like you.

If everybody felt like Steve and me ... the death penalty would be imposed for texting-n-driving and other stupid actions.

I suppose it's good there are people like you.

If everybody felt like Steve and me ... the death penalty would be imposed for texting-n-driving and other stupid actions.

Amen to That. Driving and texting is a MAJOR pet peeve with me

Okay ... just to show there are more reasons than traffic idiots to hate people:

I work in a small section of a vocational school. We only have people from dealerships and government agencies here. The rest of the facility houses the class/lab rooms for the Core Program students, a much larger population with a much wider age group.

In my area, we have a rest room with two urinals and two commodes. We never have more than 40 students, and at present (slow weeks of the year) we only have a dozen. Yet, I go into the restroom to do some ... solid ... business. What do I see? One commode is full of toilet paper. It looks like someone used half a roll to clean up ... and then didn't have the courtesy to ensure it flushed down. Fortunately, it did.

The other one had the seat down, but obviously had been used as a urinal by one truly "bad aim" person, or several.

SO, before I could do MY business, I had to clean one seat off and flush the remains of the other one a couple of times to get it gone.

What the hell ??? Am I less "manly" because I put the seat down at home? (A complaint I hear is common among married couples) Am I less "manly" because I lift the seat at work if I have to piss? Am I alone in hating these "men" (monkeys?) for NOT having the courtesy to clean up after themselves or to lift a seat to keep from peeing all over it?

I'm not teaching the current class ... but I'd hate them just as much if I was.

I've learned that wad of paper is left over from the seat wrappers who build a little birds nest on the seat to sit on. I've always appreciated the seat wrappers because since they wrap the seat I don't have to. I use to wonder if those who treat the bathroom as you described do the same in their homes. The answer is yes. Those conditions would frost me but I too simply clean their mess up. No big deal and easier then hating.

Worse is the guy who hovers over the toilet seat and craps all over the outside of the toilet. At my work place we had such an offender. I hung signs up in the bathroom stating this must stop or I will work to identify them and then publicly humiliate them. Never happened again.

I may "Hate" what people do (or say) but can't say I "Hate" the person. I don't know the person and what is going on in their lives so how can I hate that person. If a person cuts me off in traffic, I do hate that action but that person may have a legit reason for the action, or they may have been improperly taught; who knows the situation. I hate the action of using a cell phone for any reason while driving and that includes talking on the cell at red lights but society has said "You can do that" so people do it. Does that make that person one I should hate?? I refuse to use a cell phone, including hands free cells now in vehicles, while driving. Growing up, if we needed to talk while driving then we pulled over at truck stops, cafes, etc. and used a pay phone (don't even know if pay phones exist anymore). I agree; cell phones have a place in modern society but not for driving. Fisherman coming into a hunting area, in my opinion, are stupid and don't know the first thing about courtesy. There is too much of the "ME First" mentality but society says "OK". I don't have time in my life to truly hate a person. I may have a different view if I had a loved one killed by violence but fortunately I haven't. It isn't my purpose in lif to judge others but to judge only myself and to try to make this a little better world. Just my 2 cents.

Not directed to anyone in particular but here's the funny thing. Some of you guys don't seem to realize that everyone is different. If you guys can deal with people that constantly do stupid, selfish and uncaring things to everyone else and not hate them then hey, bully for you. But here's a news flash. Not everyone is like that and not everyone HAS to be like that. I "use" to be like that as well but I finally had my fill of it. Society has changed big time in the past 20-25 years now. I dunno where you guys all live but here in Michigan people don't have a valid reason for the A'hole way they drive. If it only happened every once in awhile then the "they may have a reason because I don't know whats going on in their lives" theory might work, but It would be impossible for that to be the case because every single time I get out of the house there are constant people cutting me off, riding my ass, two three and four cars turning left against a red lights etc etc. Can't go 5 miles without seeing at least 20+ idiots doing stupid things that are not just irritating on the road but downright dangerous. That's just not right IMO. It's easy to see it's just plain entitled people that think they are more important than the next person.

If someone like myself or Mike or whoever says they hate people, then simply accept it. It doesn't mean we go around as grumpy jerks doing bad things to people, I would say I've done more "good" things for people than a fair number of others do for people to be honest. And it doesn't mean it takes effort to hate people and that we look for ways to do it. I think you guys act like it takes so much effort to try to hate and that it means we are sitting alone in a one room shack plotting evil things against mankind. That's not it at all. It simply means that we have dealt with more than our fair share of people in this world and have found that the vast majority of them are selfish entitled jerks whom only care about themselves so we do not care to burden our lives with dealing with people if we do not have to. So I will continue to live my life saying I hate most people. I am in fact very happy in my life, it doesn't take "time or effort" to hate people. I simply do not care to be around people with no common sense, nor people that treat others like they are more important/entitled. So if others here can just let people act like that and still say they don't hate people then again, bully for you guys, but stop telling me, Mike or anyone else how we should feel or that we are wrong for saying we hate people. You have not lived our lives and you do not have the right to tell us how to think.

Not trying to tell people how they should live or how they should feel, that's their choice. I don't see anywhere in my post that I tried to tell others what they should think, feel or act, simply stating what is true for me. If anyone finds my post offensive, that's their right and that's OK with me.

... and that it means we are sitting alone in a one room shack plotting evil things against mankind.

If only I could FIND a one room shack in the woods that's not already occupied.

Not trying to tell people how they should live or how they should feel, that's their choice. I don't see anywhere in my post that I tried to tell others what they should think, feel or act, simply stating what is true for me. If anyone finds my post offensive, that's their right and that's OK with me.

Steve started his post with, "Not directed to anyone in particular ...".

Why assume it's meant for you when it's intentionally NOT pointing a finger?

I believe Steve just responded because you revived the thread, not because of what you wrote.

Even if he hadn't responded, I was going to.

You can hate the action, that's your mentality.

Me? I know the action didn't happen by chance. Someone consciously made a decision to perform that action. I hate the person who made that decision. I don't care how my day is going, I drive with intent and attention. My mind is on my driving at all times. I do not make moves that impede another's motion. Well, I don't do that unless it's a warranted action, like taking my foot off the gas when someone's on my bumper. Or turning my brights on when someone cuts me off.

My hate is anger-less ... but my actions are carefully calculated.

My mind is on my driving at all times. I do not make moves that impede another's motion. Well, I don't do that unless it's a warranted action, like taking my foot off the gas when someone's on my bumper. Or turning my brights on when someone cuts me off.

THIS!!!!

Steve started his post with, "Not directed to anyone in particular ...".

Why assume it's meant for you when it's intentionally NOT pointing a finger?

Exactly. The very first thing I said is it was not directed at any one person, so no need to think I was talking to you directly. I was simply addressing the fact that numerous times through out this post numerous people have acted like "how dare we hate people".

And I don't take offense to anything I read online so no concerns with me there on that.

My mind is on my driving at all times. I do not make moves that impede another's motion. Well, I don't do that unless it's a warranted action, like taking my foot off the gas when someone's on my bumper. Or turning my brights on when someone cuts me off.

THIS!!!!

I do all those things, too, and theyre always carefully calculated. But whos to say other peoples actions arent carefully calculated, too? The driver who cuts you off, the driver on a cell phone, the ones punching the gas trying to miss a red light? Theyve all probably calculated their moves and decided they could make it. Theyre all selfish moves but no less calculated than the ones we make. When I give someone a brake-check its no less selfish and its showing no more regard for the other persons well-being than their tailgating. They probably hate me at that moment.

Humans are all self-centered to some degree. Some are just more willing to show it than others. Im not saying that saying you hate people is wrong or right. Just that it would be nice if no one did the stupid things they do, me included.