Fly Tying
flytire

RIP Norm Norlander

https://www.facebook.com/pg/NorviseFlyTyingSystem/posts/

It is with a sad heart tonight I am informing you of the passing of Norm Norlander. Norm invented the Norvise Fly Tying System and Automatic Bobbin some 20+ years ago. During the time promoting the product he touched the lives of hundreds, probably thousands of fly tiers. Norm was as kind of a man as I ever knew always willing to talk and help someone with a problem or challenge. Norm passed quietly in his sleep Sunday night May 13th 2018 in his home in Kelso, Washington after a short battle with Cancer. The fly fishing and tying world will never be the same again. We have lost our friend, mentor, and all around great guy. Thank you norm for everything you have given to this industry, we will never forget you!

Sad to hear, I liked Norm and his laid back but effective video presence.. I learned a lot from him.

He was a great man!He'll be missed.

We have lost another innovative and wonderful person in the fly fishing/tying community.

Tight Lines Mr. Norlander

I am crushed. I first met Norm back before 1993, at a sports and outdoor show in Salt Lake City. . He of course was tying on and demonstrating his Nor-vise. I was hooked immediately, and knew I had to have one. Norm had only the one he was using, but he said, I could buy that one after the show was over. I met up with Norm again as the show closed, and picked up my vise, and an Auto bobbin kit. He gave me a nice discount on the "used" vise.

Every interaction I have had since has been a pleasure, He was a gentleman to the core, and it shows in all his work. A sad loss for the fly tying community. I still have my Nor-vise, and using it is always a constant reminder of the quality of the man behind it.

Norm Norlander was a great businessman and gentleman. He stood behind his products without question, he told me to use his vise for 6 months and he would buy it back if I didn't like it. I still have it. My prayers and thoughts are with his family I was happy to see him finish his boat project and fish with his grandson. Rest in peace Norm you will be missed by many.

How shocked I was to hear of Mr. Norlander passing. He was a good fella, met him through a few short emails he answers of mine. Even though I purchased his vice second hand he was happy to answer questions I had in a timely manner and with such great customer service! Where else would the company's namesake be so personable and caring? I'm honored to have his vise on my tying table

Prayers to his family