Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
joejonsme

Help a fishing noob go fishing

Hello,

I went fishing one time in my life and that was on National Fishing Day a couple of years ago at Vasona Lake in Los Gatos, CA. Me and a friend had no clue what we were doing, we just bought some rods and some random ass fake bait and headed out there. With the fake bait and our noob casting skills, we managed to catch nothing. Eventually we just bummed some anchovies of some of the people already there and with their help managed to cast lines and catch a few catfish. All in all, it was pretty fun. This week I feel compelled to try again with my little brother since we have some time off. A few questions. - Is it even fishing season? -Where and how does one obtain a fishing license? -What are some good spots for off-shore fishing within 1-1.5 hour drive of Sunnyvale, CA where the fish are safe to eat. Some of the fishing locales in the South Bay I've heard encourage catch and release due to high mercury content. - At these locations, what are the types of fish and what kind of bait do we use? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Please help
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
Thank you

The first thing I would do is find a local bait and tackle shop (not a big superstore like Bass Pro but a Mom and Pop's type place). The tackle shop guys are usually very helpful in offering advice on everything from rod and reel set up to what bait/fly/lure to use and possible places to fish. If they are not being helpful, go somewhere else.

Okay ... I am not sure what's going on here.

joejonsme is reposting threads from other sites ... from years ago.

I followed some of the links at the bottom of each of the threads ... and they link to those other sites and forums.

The link for videos is a web design/video production site.

This might be a spammer, using "pre-written" posts to gain access to ... something.

I'm contacting Steve about this ... stand by.