Fly Tying
despatiesim

My flies for my first saltwater trip

Beautiful flies! The only thing I would add would be some Bobs Bangers. Not only are they durable, you can just change out the heads if one gets beat up by toothy critters, but It also creates a much bigger pop and disturbance than a crease fly and has a great dipping action like an offshore chugger trolling lure.

The only items I'd want to bring with your fly selection would be a couple of tools that would allow you to do a bit of modification, if needed, on the water. A small pair of scissors for trimming, thinning tails or bodies - and a pair of small nippers in case you want to remove the eyes on something that needs to work shallower....

Great selection of bugs - here's wishing that more than half of them get chewed up.... If you go with a guide - along with a money tip - some of those patterns will be worth gold for a working guide down there...

Thanks Bob for the great advice! Indeed if my guide is any good and fun to be with, He will be allowed a decent pick of my flies if he so wishes! I've already bough a Montreal Canadians Hockey team logo Cap for him. Got to bring some local flavor down there with me! Haha...

I've thrown in some old tying scissors, along with a black and a red marker (to add dots or red throat to any flies).

Thanks for the input!

Simon