9. uncletube

10. flydog34

11. tdeyette, ok

12. conehead, ok

headbang.gif

How about the rest of the swappers?

Yeah, I've no problem with 13.

Gonna go with red and white, by the way: A "Canuck Clouser" cool.gif

Hey, are we tying sparse like Mr Clouser himself would have us do or do we want fluffy ones?

Cheers!

Gary

Sparse is nice, but use your own judgement.

I am going to go ahead and say Bully Lover is in. Everyone needs to tie 13 of their favorite fish catching Clouser Minnows.

So the count is,

me

1. hexfli

2. VARick

3. skunked

4. rampratyow

5. Pujic

6. Gary Madore

7. kschu

8. siestafred

9. uncletube

10. flydog34

11. tdeyette

12. conehead

13. Bully Lover

geozip headbang.gif

And I can't hardly object since I'm the one who suggested that this would be the time for Michael to join his first swap. Lucky 13 it is.

Ken S.

Well, I tied up my very first Clouser Minnow ever. It's supposed to be red and white... a "Canuck Clouser" for the swap.

I'd appreciate any and all criticism on size, sparseness, amount of crystal flash, etc., etc., before I go into swap production. It's on a regular size 4 Mustad.

user posted image

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary (yeah, I know it's upside-down! biggrin.gif )

What size is everyone tying? I was playng around with #2's (I fish saltwater).. I can size down if needed.

rick

Gary, your Canuck Clouser looks great! There's varying opinions on spareness, and I think what looks good or draws the bite is the right answer. No insult to Mr. Clouser intended.

I tyed up one last night and have just tried to photograph it. Well...either my 6 year old digital camera isn't working well, or it's operator error (probably the latter). Therefore, no photo.

As for the hook size, I used a Daiichi #1710 size 8 last night . It's a 1x-strong 2x-long standard nymph hook. I've never tyed a clouser with one of these, but I think I'm going to continue with that hook. I will be keeping the one I did last night because I didn't realize until this morning that the eyes aren't straight.

The colors I've had the most luck with smallies is yellow hair for the belly and gray for the top. I'm adding a secret weapon between those two colors that the DuPage River smallies in IL have never seen.

Michael

Gary, Clouser looks great, if your looking for constructive crit. I would use a longer x hook, a 3x or 4x to send the point of the hook back into the fly, eliminating the short strike, especially if using for trout, and when binding down the white deer hair along the shank of the hook, use a white thread. Keep the red behind the eye though. Other than that, Perfect.

Hopefully the pic will upload. All are #2's (I'm a saltwater guy)

The top fly is a standard clouser (3" flourscent colors)

Middle fly is tied in the hollow style not much tension to keep the flare down(4" length)

Bottom fly also hollow style.. some tension to flare out (5" length)

I can size down if everyone likes

Rick

post-24-1110593603.jpg

Here's my contribution to this swap.

Double Blue Clouser Minnow, size 6 Mustad 34011 Saltwater hook.

It's a very effective tie down here in Florida, and I hope it works for some of you up north in fresh or saltwater.

user posted image