Fly Tying
Poopdeck

Darwin Award nominee

laugh.png I watch "fails" videos all the time. I know some of them are supposed to illicit sympathy ... but I just can't seem to muster up any!

Lmao!We need to keep this thread going!

laugh.png I watch "fails" videos all the time. I know some of them are supposed to illicit sympathy ... but I just can't seem to muster up any!

The only way I could have felt the least sympathy was if the rescuers had just grabbed the bike and left.

I raised my daughters on these types of videos. Just to show examples of what not to do. I've always found it easier to learn from someone else mistakes.

Michael

Unfortunately a woman in Duluth was literally cut in two on the lift bridge by going around the gate and then panicking. This link describes several injuries and deaths on the lift bridge and the last paragraph is the story of the lady politely termed in the article as "dismembered".

I don't see any link, vic.

The women in Duluth gets no pity from me. That's why they call them the Darwin awards. We are a stronger species when the stupid ones remove themselves from the gene pool.

I have made the comment to the Safety Engineers at work, "Sometimes we need to let Darwin do his job". They laugh and say I understand but I'm not allowed.

Okay ... no pictures to go with this one, as I was bleeding too profusely to try for photos.

Plans, I had such grand plans. I got one job done, yesterday. My vehicle now has a nifty looking rack on top. I got is all made and ready during the weekend, and got it all mounted on the van yesterday. Yea !!! Now I can put my refurbished canoe up there and go try it out !!!

Then I started on my second project of the holiday. I got a 55 gallon barrel. We cut the top out of it before I brought it home, and I'm planning on making a burn barrel. Wife was napping, as I rolled it around the house to the far side so I could beat some holes in it for aeration. It started rolling towards the house, and I was startled into the realization it was going to make a loud noise. To keep that from happening, I grabbed for it, and reached into the cut out top.

One sharp edge scalloped out a 1/4" deep hole in my middle finger. Another sharp edge sliced me deeply on my pointer finger.

I had stuff outside the garage, and couldn't leave it out, so I didn't go to the emergency room. The sliced finger is super glued shut. Both fingers seem to be okay with band aid style covers. But it's my right hand, and I can't do any of the other things I'd planned on doing.

Maybe not Darwin Award level stupid ... but sure put a damper on the holiday!

Soon as you said metal 55g drum I knew where this was going Mike. Those things can be sharp. Hope you heal up, and hope it wasn't rusted where it cut ya.

Cuts on your dominate hand SUCK. I cut the palm of my right hand open bad about 18 months ago and I dunno know what was worse the deep cut or trying to do everything with my left hand for 2 weeks while the right one healed.

Better make sure your tetanus shot is up to date Mike. I feel your pain, put a trim nail through my finger at work last week, thankfully not my dominate hand, but still slows down any kind of tying.