Fly Tying
vicrider

The SCUD/Sow Bug swap + pictures

Nick, I'm not sure what I will tie but I will think of something and get started in a few days. The weather is looking promising for a couple days so I think I will go back to the woods and the tent again. You only turn 55 once in this life so I think my birthday Tuesday should be a fun one. I wish I still had some of that 18 year old Scotch my son gave me.....

Mike, thanks

First set is in the house. Woodenlegs very nice bugs have arrived. We need a few more people in this swap. Worst that can happen is we'll all get a few extras from each tyer but be nice to fill it out. C'mon guys, lets get the swapping season underway a full swap. Where's those new guys who are saying they want in. Lots of basic patterns for scuds and sows out there.

Vicrider, I'm still trying to get settled in. A LOT of stuff is still in boxes which I've been shuffling around along with a lot of much heavier stuff to insulate the walls in the garage. Fishing has been a total bust since the move. I have found some of my materials and a few of my tools. Like a whole lot of other stuff, all I can say is they are in a box somewhere. With those limitations in mind, if you will have me, I will give it a try.

Breambuster

Good to see ya' ready to get back in the game. How can you be the bream capital of the country and fishing a bust? Followed you a bit on FB and looks like you're getting right into a lot of new friends and hope some of them take you to their secret fishing holes. Scuds or Sow Bugs are a fairly simple tie (or so I thought) and glad to have your contribution.

Hi Nick,

I'm in if you still need a 12th. I have not actually tied scuds before so I'll have to do a little research before I pick a pattern. Sounds like fun!

Vicrider, I'm still trying to get settled in. A LOT of stuff is still in boxes which I've been shuffling around along with a lot of much heavier stuff to insulate the walls in the garage. Fishing has been a total bust since the move. I have found some of my materials and a few of my tools. Like a whole lot of other stuff, all I can say is they are in a box somewhere. With those limitations in mind, if you will have me, I will give it a try.

Breambuster

Nice to see you back Breambuster !!!!

Steve-stabgnid

Thanks, Steve. It's good to be back. I feel like so much of my life is still in boxes. I have some guys coming next Friday to help me do some work in the new garage and until that's done, so much of my stuff will continue to be in boxes. Maybe in another week I can BEGIN the process of trying to find some of my stuff. Right now, all I can say is "It's in a box somewhere!"

Vic, I have just placed an order for some materials that I'm going to need. It should be here before too long and once it's here, I don't think it will take too long to get them tied up. I'll move things along as quickly as I can.

Take care

BB

Thanks Bob. It’s great to be back with some great tyers and great people. Although we have never met personally, I think of a lot of you guys as friends.

BB

Shrimp will be in the mail Monday.

hook: Mustad C49S #12

thread: Uni thread olive 6/0

tail: white schlappen

shellback: plastic bag cut to gape width

rib: green ultra wire, x sm

dubbing: hareline #11, olive

legs: brushed out dubbing

Note: too small to use for Shrimp Scampi.

Please past pics. This fly is a nemesis. Netabrookie check out the Fox Statler sowbug. My version doesnt look great. Anyway smash the lead wraps with pliers. Makes it imitate movement.