Fly Tying
Ron1697

Vinyl Ribbing???

and that's what I did until I came across the V-rib thirty or more years ago... Since I was a commercial tyer I bought the stuff by the box (12 spools at a time) and needed a box every 18 months to two years -just for bonefish bugs, filling orders for one of many, many patterns...

Not implying you are an old timer! Alot of older books listed that technique using clear mono. I wonder if anyone uses fluro fishing line?

Not implying you are an old timer! Alot of older books listed that technique using clear mono. I wonder if anyone uses fluro fishing line?

Strictly opinion, as I've not tied with mono OR fluorocarbon.

It's "harder" than mono, so won't lie on the hook as easily.

I'd think it would be a little more difficult to work with, more expensive to buy, and the "gain" of clearer material wouldn't outweigh those negatives.

But I am sure someone HAS tried it, maybe even likes it. Maybe?

Update: I am happy with the results of my tire with the clear medium rib from UTC. Over top of thread wraps of cream UTC 140 It looks great! It definitely darkens up the color a bit, but I am happy with the results. Looks a lot more realistic to me.

I haven't tried with other colors as of yet.