Fly Tying
breambuster

The Essential Fly Box

Sorry Breambuster, I forgot to mail mine and now I have to find them. I think the package is in my truck...but then again it could be in the car, or.....

I'll get them to you as soon as I find them.

Take Care,

Tony

Netabrookie, you sound like me. Especially now that we have moved and I'm waiting to get some work done in the garage so I can unpack and sort through a lot of my stuff. I know I have it, but where it is, I couldn't say. All I know is "It's in a box somewhere!"

Take a deep breath and give it some time. You will remember in the middle of the night where they are.

BB

Flies are in the mail. Tracking # is: 9500 1155 9401 8271 1440 12. Est. del. date is 10/1.

Walt Ryan

I've got them finished but not fully set up to go yet. Had to do a lot of thinking and testing to see what way I wanted to go on these and when you get them and send them out I'll explain what I mean. I have a lot of work into these flies from start to finish and hope someone will give them an honest shot. There is one fly in the mix that has caught fish for me on the White and in CO so that at least should be given a chance. Hope to finish last of setups and get in mail tomorrow.

Okay, flies went out today. I'll wait until everyone is getting theirs and then give a detailed explanation of what I sent. I know it should be self-explanatory but if I got them out of the blue I'd ask, "What the hell is all this?"

R2732’s flies have arrived and they are a very neat tie.

My internet is down and Hughes Net, the only game in town, says it will be Sunday afternoon before they can send a technician. I brought my iPad to the hospital where my wife is taking her last radiation treatment today to post this. If I don’t post again before Sunday, you will know the reason why.

BB

Sorry to hear that your wife is undergoing radiation, BB. I have had some patients undergo rounds of chemo/radiation and it really wiped them out. I hope the treatment has been effective. I will lift her up in prayer this week!!

I just mailed my flies this morning. Hopefully you will have them in hand by early next week!

Hello Everyone,

I'm finally back online, at least for now. In the meantime, Vicrider's flies have arrived, and you guys are going to be amazed. He has sent in 4 flies for everyone, and they come with leaders and ring connectors.

Great job, Vicrider.

My wife is telling me that today is Columbus Day so I don't there will be any mail until tomorrow. I'll let you know what comes in.

Take care

BB

Hello Everyone. Trout-a-Control's flies came yesterday and they are AWESOME! I used to tease Horseshoes about being the FTF's Helen Shaw, but I see now that she has a rival for that title! Great job, Trout-a-Control. Would you do me a favor? Please post a materials list.

Thanks

BB

Hah thanks, BB! Im still learning so I have a ways to go...

Dai-Riki size 14

Red ice dubbing for the butt

Yellow dubbing for the thorax

Elk hair for wings

Grizzly hackle (a little bit larger than size 14, but helps the fly sit high in rough waters)

UTC 70 thread

This yellow sally is always my go-to for the Smokies. Ive even fished it in Montana when I was out of stimulators and did pretty well!

2 sets of flies arrived today. First, there are some Frenchies from J-Kno. I just ordered some materials to see if I can learn to tie a Frenchie, and now I've got a great pattern to go by. That's J-Kno, they look great. Great addition to the swap.

And next, from the Master of the Dry Fly, (drum roll please) we have some Royal Wulffs from Netabrookie. The reason he must be always netting those brookies is that he's throwing his wonderful dry flies at them. Great set of flies and another wonderful addition to our Essential Fly Box. Thanks Netabrookie!

I'll be out of town when the mail comes on Monday, but the wife will be here to check the mail, and I'll let you know Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, Woodenlegs, that your flies have arrived.

Have a great weekend everyone.

BB

Thanks BB! They are an easy tie. If you are looking for one that is near indestructible, look up a thread frenchie! Thread and wire make up the body coated with UV resin. The tail and thorax can be gone and it will still catch fish.