Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

RC Clod Buster project

8C31SD.jpg
F5Vemr.jpg

Axles are all done now. Hope to have some time this week to get them under the tube chassis so I can start making the 4-links and 4-link mounts to mount them to the frame.

Piker I don't have any vid cam's at all anymore at the moment other than the vid mode on my digital cam.

5IWcqQ.jpg
02jubv.jpg

4 link brackets on the frame now and 4 links made. Used the 8/32 rod - 1/4" brake line - Traxxas rod end method. Spent a bit of extra time on them with some polishing compound to make them look nice. Gonna have the axles under it very shortly.

Yeah I have aluminum oil filled shocks for it. Just not to the point of installing them yet, still have to make the shock mounts and brackets and such. Should be doing that in a day or two. Gotta work on a rod in the morning....damn rods dry.png spoilin' all my fun.

This whole thread cracks me up

1st impression....pretty cool. Made a couple RCs (air boats)in my life but no where near this level.

2nd impression this guy makes too much money and has too much time on his hands...not counting your aquarium & Bonsai hobby.

3rd Impression...has a very happy understanding wife.

😎...😉

1st- Thanks

2nd- Not even close. I am a simple guy and not driven by money, so I don't waste money on high dollar items and I make everything DIY that I can, so it takes a lot less cash for me to get by than it does most other people. And time on my hands? I wish lol. I stay busy 15 hrs per day or I get board (OCD). I'm not someone that can just sit and not do anything, that drives me nuts so I try to have a lot of hobbies I enjoy to keep me from getting bored so easily.

3rd- Had my fill of women in my 20's &30's and these days enjoy the single life and wouldn't trade it for the world! wink.png

biggrin.png

YHu1ZB.jpg
zUYZuQ.jpg
36e142.jpg
SZBfS7.jpg

Well one Mapp gas tank and eight oxygen tanks later lol...the tube chassis is DONE. Just finished up adding the shock mounts, cockpit cross bars, and few other braces. JUst sanding it clean now. Hopefully will have some pics of with axles under it sitting on the tires later this evening with a little luck.

3rd- Had my fill of women in my 20's &30's and these days enjoy the single life and wouldn't trade it for the world! ;)

:D

That explains everything!!!!

jJ2J2U.jpg
zVeJS2.jpg
NSa1lb.jpg
quALjV.jpg
pVug7X.jpg
LakjTL.jpg
v5ymer.jpg
ozp5sj.jpg

Got the axles under it and into a full roller now. Probably take a few day break from it to do some real work but I'm happy with getting it to this point for now at least.

oAb8fI.jpg
oOXNZ4.jpg

Finished all four brackets for the shocks now to get them turned so the caps are not mounted flush against the plates. Tested it out and very pleased with the travel and smoothness of them now. No binding like before and have a solid 5-6" tire movement with each tires while the rest are still on the ground so that should be pretty well ample for what I plan on since I don't plan on doing crawling. Will be brazing the shock mounts as well as bolted so they will be very rigid. Also started on the interior & floor boards. Got the cockpit diamond plate in as well as seat mounts and seat. Moving onto the rest of the diamond plate flooring next.