Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

RC Clod Buster project

Been a while since I did anything with this build. Finally started working on it again since I'm starting to get caught up decently on rod orders now after working 10hrs days in the shop all last week. One thing I was never happy with on this truck was that the tires I originally bought were just a tad too small for the scale of the truck. So I sold them last week and bought some Firestorm tires for it which are about 1/2" taller, along with some tribute wheels.

Tribute wheels came yesterday. I was thinking I was going to dye them orange and then use blue beadlocks. So I bought white wheels and blue beadlocks. Then after sitting the Firestorms next to it and getting a feel for how it looked, I decided I liked the look of maybe black wheels. So I went and bought some rit dye today and dyed the wheels black before mounting the tires. Also painted the planetary centers orange. I ordered some orange beadlocks then a couple days ago, but now I think I really like the looks of the black wheels with just the orange center, it just has such a tough look to it I think. So I might leave the beadlock rings off, we'll see.

Anyway here's some pics. I think the bigger Firestorms looks 10 times better than the JCT's did. I like the JCT's but with this chassis the size I built it (14.5" wheelbase) the larger Firestorms are just much more scale looking..
dl8WTx.jpg
oUmScJ.jpg

Hope to have time next week to start getting the motors and electronics in it so this one will finally be up and running soon.

Once this one is finally running I will. Just got the other truck back in action today. Busted out the whole center of a wheel on that one last week so had to go get some new more heavy duty wheels for it today.