Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bryon Anderson

Rockin' good deal at Cabela's

In the "Bargain Cave" section on Cabelas.com -- Cabela's TLr fly rod, originally $139.99, now on sale for $29.88.

Looks like the only model left is the 8'6" 5 wt.

I have no affiliation with Cabela's, nor do I know anything about this particular product. Just seemed like a good value, so I thought I'd pass it on to whoever might be interested. :)

Looks like a great deal. Often, bargain cave items are broken. Makes me wonder why this rod is on sale for 80% off.

I don't need a new rod at this time, so I won't find out. At the price ... it'd probable be worth buying, even if you do have to replace a tip or something.

A lot of the rods in the Bargain Cave at the actual stores are broken or damaged, but I'd think they'd have to report that in the description to sell a damaged item online.

That's a great deal. Sometimes you'll find things that are simply discontinued or maybe a newer version has come out. Not always things that are scratch & dent ;) Can't beat that deal with a 5wt stick Bryon