Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

traveling tying kit

I use a tool box. I picked it up at Lowe's for $20 a few years ago. The interior is large enough to hold my vise and base and whatever materials I take with me is in plastic bags. The main top is broken up into compartments that I can use for scissors, thread spools, bobbins etc. These days the only time I really use it is when one of my clubs is having a tying event or demonstration, or if I'm going to one of the shows where we have a table. I always took it when I attended various [email protected] claves which were camping events. For a while I took it with me to Vermont when I was planning to spend a few days at my sister's place in Vermont. Unlike Mike, I never took it with me when I was traveling for work. Either the time wasn't available because of my work schedule or because I wasn't able to drive in the countries/locations I visited since I didn't have the required driver's license. In fact, the only time I ever took any fly fishing gear was when I was traveling to Guam where I had access to a rental car and could drive with my own driver's license.