Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Bob Marriot's and Shipping?

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are nay here who have contact with Bob Marriot's.

I found them for the first time a little over 10 days ago now when looking for some specific materials. I found some likely looking dubbing and placed a small order.

Now, I received my receipt, and the order was apparently placed, BUT. There was also a note saying that the cost of international postage would be passed on for additional payment, when the order is ready for shipment.

So... It's been 11 days, and there has been no contact from the store, despite a couple of emails and even a post to their social media page. Does anyone have any idea bout how long I will need to wait?

This is the first time I have any issues with a US-based company, and am really just hoping it's down to a communication breakdown. I understand you've just had Thanksgiving, but that was Friday just gone, so I'm not sure that is a reasonable explanation.

If I can get any constructive thoughts on reasoning that would be great. A phone call will be an absolute last resort because of the time difference between Australia and US.

Thank you

That's a long time to wait for an order to be packed and shipped out.

When I lived about an hour's drive from Marriott's from the mid-80s to late-90s, I made frequent trips there. Later, with a move more than doubling the drive and less time available, my trips became fewer and fewer.

I was tempted to place an order with them for some materials just in the last couple years. I read comments here and there about customers ordering items that showed available but proved to be out of stock and (naturally) not included in the shipment. Since some of the items I wanted were kind of outdated and off the radar of most tyers today, and because Marriott's had a history of cataloging everything under the sun (even if it never once made it in the store), I knew I wouldn't be happy if I paid shipping and waited a week to find out my order wasn't filled. Maybe the new owners have improved the system and that isn't really an issue.

In any case, I would suggest verifying the filled status of your order before authorizing final payment so you avoid surprises.

All good. Positive contact was made today. A couple of pieces are on back order, but they had neglected to let me know.

Calling in is a bit of a challenge with time difference between there and here, but so far email has worked.