Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on?

All Done. All went well on this build.

Wow! That looks awesome!

I'm just working on consolidating an assortment of different flies into one small box to keep things simple, & minimal, in preparation for the upcoming Season. Some of them look pretty haggard, so it might be time to recycle them into something different.It's warming up a bit in town, but there's tons of snow still in the mountains. Spring run off could be nasty this time!

:o

Great looking site Kimo

Since my outdoor freezer is going away I'm fleshing and drying my last two deer hides from my deer hair "study" this winter. Also processing caribou meat from last fall. Getting it ready to make burger and smoke ribs and briskets.

Great looking site Kimo

Since my outdoor freezer is going away I'm fleshing and drying my last two deer hides from my deer hair "study" this winter. Also processing caribou meat from last fall. Getting it ready to make burger and smoke ribs and briskets.

MK,

I'm smoking 10lbs of char siu burnt ends.

Hope to have enough to add to my ramen but it never last that long.

Kimo

char siu is pork

5f5b89457d706df22b12c43b96b2d39b.jpg

id be working on that too

Char siu (Chinese: 叉燒; Cantonese Yale: chāsīu) is a popular way to flavor and prepare barbecued pork in Cantonese cuisine. It is classified as a type of siu mei (燒味), Cantonese roasted meat.

Japanese Chashu is very different from Chinese char siu.
They are both very delicious in ramen.

Kimo

That gives you a look into my uncultured life, and probably my one-track -fish mind. I guess I'd rather eat that than smoked char too. biggrin.png

That gives you a look into my uncultured life, and probably my one-track -fish mind. I guess I'd rather eat that than smoked char too. biggrin.png

Not uncultured. I've never had smoked char.

Kimo

Just finished up tying some royal coachmans and I flip the tv on to see Mark Knapp, right at this moment, on forged and fire. I know what happens but I'm rooting for you.

Holy smokes, I just checked out your website. As frank zappa would say, great googly moogly they are some incredible looking knives. Who knew somebody could make knives look like that. Now I completely understand the prices you sometimes quote. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing the vise you produce. I'm speechless, I really am.