Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on?

Mark, do you ever sleep?

Your fly tying has really improved. Way to put it out there.

Just wrapped up this kitchen project for some clients yesterday. Now I might actually be able to get back to some tying and fishing.

post-54336-0-65741400-1557065064_thumb.jpg

Peartree, although I like the colors and design ... what happened with the doors?

post-54336-0-65741400-1557065064.jpg

Personally, if I was paying someone to do my kitchen, these differences in gaps between doors would not be acceptable.

The sink base doors are adjusted as far as they will go, all the other cabinets are 2 part doors, which I hate because of just what you're looking at. They have different spacing depending on how you close them.

I didn't design this one, and there were a lot of things I personally would have done differently, but the owners are very pleased with it. It's a lot of stuff going on in a very tight space, and a huge upgrade from what they had.

I am intigued by the base for the regal. It seems to have been repurposed from a dado cutter? I also liked the cockpit style tool and thread holders. That said I am also filling my boxes. So far three colors and sizes of lightning bugs, a variety of pheasant tails, some prince nymphs and psycho,princes, a couple dozen wooly buggers, a dozen sparkle minnows, some barely legals and sex dundeons including some triples which is a significant time investment and a host of others. I appreciate the post Mr. Knapp. A far cry from the rolltop kerfuffle.

I am intigued by the base for the regal. It seems to have been repurposed from a dado cutter? I also liked the cockpit style tool and thread holders. That said I am also filling my boxes. So far three colors and sizes of lightning bugs, a variety of pheasant tails, some prince nymphs and psycho,princes, a couple dozen wooly buggers, a dozen sparkle minnows, some barely legals and sex dundeons including some triples which is a significant time investment and a host of others. I appreciate the post Mr. Knapp. A far cry from the rolltop kerfuffle.

You, Mr. Bighornbuster, are quite correct, it is repurposed from a dado cutter. The Regal was inherited from a very fine man that helped get me started tying flies and fishing them. When I got it, it had a clamp on it.

The cockpit style tool holder was, in part, repurposed from an old piano keyboard cover.

Just a little roll top dust-up. I personally feel like both those guys are fine gentlemen, though I don't know them personally. At least no fly rods got broken.

Trying to get the wings right on the Swisher Richards no hackle dun

post-61480-0-05748500-1557154923_thumb.jpg

Continuing to work on nymphs from the Orvis Index.

DSCF3925-XL.jpg

Giant Black Stonefly

DSCF3935-XL.jpg

Giant Golden Stonefly.

DSCF3942-XL.jpg

Olive Scud. Our scuds aren't olive, I'll need to tie a few in brown and black to fish around here.

DSCF3944-XL.jpg

Sow Bug, I'm not so sure about this one. My have to work on it more.

I'm also getting ready to leave for a hunt in Africa tomorrow evening. Lots to do.

Looks like you got them, sandan

Thanks Mark. I'm still not happy with 'em. As you know we're our own harshest critics. Keep up your good work too!

now that the rain has yielded to blue skies, i dressed up the west side of my house with some new shutters

west-side-shutters.jpg