Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What are you working on?

Mike just order some 5160 it's cheap, heat treating might not be though depending on how you plan to do that. My oven is only 14 inches deep so I'm limited to about a 9 inch blade max.

Mike just order some 5160 it's cheap, heat treating might not be though depending on how you plan to do that. My oven is only 14 inches deep so I'm limited to about a 9 inch blade max.

Thanks for the suggestion. I still don't have sufficient space/local to work it. So I am in no hurry.

get a beaver. when he's done make some beaver stew

hmmm. I've heard getting some beaver can be very expensive !!!

I got a bunch of tackle boxes and old lures at an auction along with some rods and reels. I'm cleaning them up and restore stuff that needs to be restored. Could take a little while.

I haven't started yet, but I'm getting ready to make some "extenders" for the toilet paper holders in the bathrooms. We can't buy anything except the "mega-rolls" in our area now. "Mega-rolls" don't fit in our existing holders.

I got a bunch of tackle boxes and old lures at an auction along with some rods and reels. I'm cleaning them up and restore stuff that needs to be restored. Could take a little while.

Used to love farm auctions when we lived in IL. Always old boxes, with old lures that nobody wanted (except me), as well as old rods and reels. Once had a 5' baitcaster that was metal with a 4 sided taper. Also had a matching ice rod. Too bad I didn't have a little more sense back then as now how I wished I had kept both. I haven't seen a 4 sided metal taper since.

Wow only mega-rolls... won't that restrict leg space?

I think you're joking, but in case you're not ...

563d9bbfb1d87.image.jpg?resize=400%2C256

Used to love farm auctions when we lived in IL. Always old boxes, with old lures that nobody wanted (except me), as well as old rods and reels. Once had a 5' baitcaster that was metal with a 4 sided taper. Also had a matching ice rod. Too bad I didn't have a little more sense back then as now how I wished I had kept both. I haven't seen a 4 sided metal taper since.

Ya never know what you'll find at those auctions. I bought a lot of old stuff for our store but I still have about two pallets worth of fishing stuff to go through. Gave $35.00 each for the pallets. It's like Christmas around here.

Wow only mega-rolls... won't that restrict leg space?

I think you're joking, but in case you're not ...

563d9bbfb1d87.image.jpg?resize=400%2C256

Maybe they think you are full of it. lol. I personally think that those were meant for Texas, because EVERYTHING is bigger in TX.

We are thinking of downsizing in anticipation of retirement. I am about to go through a lot of discarding and editing.

Also, my Mother passed away and I have to probate her estate, etc. Lots of unpleasant things to do, because she and my Dad were both collectors. Lots of figurines, antiques, etc. Dad left me a lot of tools that I don't know how to use.

power washing decks to prepare them for staining.

not really something i want to do but it has to be done. waited to damn long waterproofing them

ive been searching the web for deck painting/staining ideas. way too many choices to pick from

redoing the windows in my tying room

replacing existing blinds, washing window curtains, replacing cheap curtain rods etc