Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gene L

Dealing with Parkinson's

.I'm pretty sure I've got Parkinson's. Got a tremor in my left hand, which has somewhat limited my tying in smaller sizes. I'm going for treatment (I hope) Friday which I hope will reduce the tremor. Anyone got any experience/advice?

I have tremors also. It's attributed to my tying style. I always have my left hand on my vise.

Hope the treatment helps. What helped me was medication, propranolol. I have been on a low dosage but has been recently increased.

Just may be familial tremors and not parkinsons.

Parkinson's has other more serious symptoms than just shakes, especially as it advances. I've known and know a few people with it. I won't pretend to know how their lives were or are but it's sufficient to say they were changed. With that said there are various kinds of tremors we can get, it doesn't have to be Parkinson's. I'll be praying for your appointment Fri. And if it is Parkinson's, last I knew the medical field was getting close to some breakthroughs in treatment options, we can hope for those.

Let us know how it goes.

I thought I had Parkinsons, (tremors and balance issues). Turns out it was Essential Tremors which is treatable with meds. See what the doc says and wishing you good luck.

I have CSS (can't see s...). Had retina surgery that didn't go well. I don't tie much anymore. Not like I used to anyway. Don't know what to say. This old age business is overrated. Good luck to you.

1. Go to a neurologist and get appropriate diagnosis and treatment.

2. Learn to love streamers or Bass fishing.

Getting "seasoned" can suck. I have CSS, and CRS. Can't remember S.... At least I can enjoy re-watching favorite movies, if I can remember their names.