Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Garyforbass

Need replacement bags for saddles and capes

Hello, love the site. Ive been lurking here for many years. Hoping someone can help. I need to replace the ziplock bags that my saddles and capes are in for various reasons. I would like to use similar dimension bags and not just square ziplock gallon bags. Anyone have a source or recommendation for obtaining these. Thanks.

I'm not sure if the local craft store has the right size. I've bought smaller bags the same size as some of the Hareline materials at Hobby Lobby. But I've never looked for the bigger bags.

Google 6x12, 6x14or 6x15 zip lock bags. even longer for saddles

Beware you may have to buy quantity. Like 100-1000

amazon has 6x15 for $13.50 for 100 bags

U-line has a good selection of open and zip-lock bags. (I like to put my skins in an open bag so they can slide in and out without damage. Then I put that bag in a zip-lock to keep out potential bugs.) Unfortunately, you have to buy by in quantity by the box. I haven't used 90% of what I bought and if you lived around the corner I would be happy to share. But it would be uneconomical to ship via Canada Post.

Maybe you could convince the owner of Green Caddis to supply these bags by the dozen.

I have bought them on e-bay per 100 ($20ish), I get 6 x 12 inch 6 mil bags, If I am selling or reselling material I find the thicker bag helps ?? quality?? Uline is good but you need to start @ 1000 good for 2 x 4 for carding flies or if you are packing wholesale for retail.

I've bought from McMaster-Carr, no problem. They are set up for retail sales through their catalog (WEB Site).