Fly Tying

I have a similar Patagonia sling pack I like it, holds everything I need easily, it's comfortable easy to access when I want to change flys.

Will echo the Vedavoo, fourth season on my Beast sling. It's absolutely perfect for my minimal approach but is no slouch for space. I also dig the Vedavoo made local, made in the USA, support the little guy scene. They're doing good things for the community.

For longer outings that require more storage or rain protection I supplement with a waterproof lumbar pack (typically my Wingnut Gear pack for mtb riding.) If I lived in a wetter climate I might lean towards one of the waterproof slings.

$.02

Hello Timmy again be sure to check my fly tying Instagram im now in business making personal orders @timsflyfishing_pa

Anyway I'm having a super hard time deciding between fly packs I want to carry lunch up to 4 boxes mabey a fly tube and rain jacket anything under 110 I landed on https://www.patagonia.com/product/fly-fishing-vest-front-sling-8-liters/48156.html that the patigona front pack sling 8L and the unmpqua 500 zero sweep chest pack i would get the sling but im woried about it getting wet please help I'm open to any opinions

I recently purchased this Patagonia Stealth Atom Sling for steelheading on The Grande Ronde, Clearwater, Snake & Salmon Rivers. It works just fine:

FKsEsmY.jpg

https://www.patagonia.com/product/stealth-atom-fly-fishing-sling-pack-8-liters/48327.html?dwvar_48327_color=FGE&cgid=sport-fly-fishing-packs-gear#tile-9=&start=1&sz=24

PT/TB

These sling packs make me think of trout creels of yesteryear, and fwiw there may have been more tackle carried in trout creels than trout.

Definately bigger lunches were carried in the creels. You guys must be packing those little packs of goo that the marathon runners and bicyclist pack. Not that I take a big lunch but there's not room for a granola bar in some of those packs.

I've had one of these for ages, & it suits me very well along with my 30 year old Pflueger vest and a CamelBak.

I don't keep fish in it anymore; now it holds my lunch. A [sandwich] or two, fruit & drink. If it gets wet, OK.

:P

[edited.]

post-63593-0-31514500-1548037783_thumb.jpg

I've had one of these for ages, & it suits me very well along with my 30 year old Pflueger vest and a CamelBak.

I don't keep fish in it anymore; now it holds my lunch. A sammich or two, fruit & drink. If it gets wet, OK.

tongue.png

attachicon.gif 131193584_th.jpg

One of the original 'sling packs' although a wicker box would hold more tackle and still have room for the lunch. I had a canvass creel given to me back when we were still young, my wife called it my 'purse'; I gave it away to some kid that didn't have wife.

47 years later I can't hear her, so maybe I'll try a "pack" some day, or maybe not.

Definately bigger lunches were carried in the creels. You guys must be packing those little packs of goo that the marathon runners and bicyclist pack. Not that I take a big lunch but there's not room for a granola bar in some of those packs.

You can actually fit a lot in that Patagonia stealth sling pack, i carry a 40 oz insulated water bottom in the holder have carried several fly boxes and a sandwich with room to spare.

Some of them carry a lot more than you would expect at first glance. I didn't think the one I got would carry a while lot, but after getting it I found it had not just the larger front pockets, but also had zipper pockets inside on the back side of the front pockets, as well as angled zipper pockets on the sides of the large front ones.

I like my PB&J sammies nice and fluffy not all smushed.

A couple of hard [sandwich] keepers cures that. However, slightly smushed [sandwiches] harken back to the good ol' days of childhood fishing excursions.

[edited, so as not to offend.]

:P