Fly Tying

If you keep your sammich in a baggie that doesn't seal well ... it probably WILL become a SANDwich.

Mike, that cartoon is going on my fridge, my Facebook wall, and my actual brick-and-mortar wall in a nice frame! Awesome! 🤣

CasualAngler no offense taken -- I was really just joking. Usually I keep my inner Grammar Nazi contained, but sometimes he just asserts himself...sorry :)

Is hoagie acceptable?

Yes, as it is a complete word with its standard spelling. Why people take it upon themselves to create bastardized quasi-phonetic misspellings of perfectly good, useful words is beyond me.

Some aneurysm-inducing examples I've seen recently include:

"prolly" (probably)

"rilly" (really)

"posta" (supposed to)

"I'ma" (I'm going to)

I could go on, but I'm getting a nosebleed...

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Timmy Ties Flys. As a goodwill gesture to return it to its proper track, I offer the following -- this is the only pack out of my large collection that I didn't sell off when I bought my Vedavoo Beast sling. It's the Fishpond Blue River Chest/Lumbar pack. It is extremely versatile and it holds an amazing amount of gear for its footprint.

http://fishpondusa/blue-river-chest-lumbar-pack

Is hoagie acceptable?

Yes, as it is a complete word with its standard spelling. Why people take it upon themselves to create bastardized quasi-phonetic misspellings of perfectly good, useful words is beyond me.

Some aneurysm-inducing examples I've seen recently include:

"prolly" (probably)

"rilly" (really)

"posta" (supposed to)

"I'ma" (I'm going to)

I could go on, but I'm getting a nosebleed...

Complete words with standardized spelling. Got it! What I dont get is how OMG passed your rigorous test of bastardized quasi-phonetic misspellings of perfectly good, useful words?

Poopdeck --

Easy! OMG is an acronym, not a misspelled word. I don't have a problem with acronyms. (It's a good thing, too, because I work for the government!smile.png)

The neat thing about acronyms is the same one can stand for thousands of things and so each use requires an explanation.

As you probably already figured out, I am one step above illiterate and can hack the English language like a pro. I also suck at math.

Yes, the acronym, that explains how PB&J survived the cut. Adults using the vernacular of a 10 year old with their first smart phone, (LOL, OMG, WYA, just to name a few,) should make every advocate of the English language cringe. The adult use of imojis makes my nose bleed.

Oh well. I don't think Timmy cares about hijacked threads but in case he does, its best we get back to the proper pack for carrying a SANDWICH while fishing. The plastic SANDWICH keeper is a good idea. That's what the rich kids used when I was younger. My mother could fold wax paper into the perfect SANDWICH carrying bindle. I'm still not sure how she did it.

As you probably already figured out, I am one step above illiterate and can hack the English language like a pro. I also suck at math.

I suck at math, too.

Yes, the acronym, that explains how PB&J survived the cut. Adults using the vernacular of a 10 year old with their first smart phone, (LOL, OMG, WYA, just to name a few,) should make every advocate of the English language cringe. The adult use of imojis makes my nose bleed.

Guilty on both counts -- the acronyms I try to limit to when I'm actually texting. I freely admit that I love emojis -- they make it so much easier to tell when the writer of a text or e-mail is joking or being sarcastic, and some of the animated ones I find hilarious. I'll tell you what does make me cringe, though: when someone uses a texting acronym like "OMG" when they're actually speaking! One of my sons likes to shrug and say "IDK" (I Don't Know) in answer to some questions. Of course, he may do it precisely because he knows it drives me crazy. (Smiley emoji withheld as a courtesy.)

Oh well. I don't think Timmy cares about hijacked threads but in case he does, its best we get back to the proper pack for carrying a SANDWICH while fishing. The plastic SANDWICH keeper is a good idea. That's what the rich kids used when I was younger. My mother could fold wax paper into the perfect SANDWICH carrying bindle. I'm still not sure how she did it.

My mom did that with waxed paper too! I loved wax paper--haven't seen a piece in ages. I think they still sell it. I also love the word bindle.

Emoji are fine as long as you explain them. Like acronyms there are thousands of emoji to describe a half dozen possible emotions. wink.png (wink emoji) And then on some forums (like this one) the emoji is automatic if you type certain symbols in an effort to convey information cool.png is lower case b set off by close parenthesis) as is often used in lists or sub paragraphs. I find this not only annoying but stupid. I'm not even going to google that to find out what emotion it is meat to convey. I know in my mind it sucks muddy water.

1) _____

a) _____

B) ____

C) _____