Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
brooknut

3rd generation Yankee

I've been fishing for 50 years, fly fishing for 20 years and only started tying about 15 months ago when I bought a lot of tying materials on Craigslist. For $200 I got two vises (an Atlas Anvil and a Crown) 6 dry fly saddles, 9 hen hackles, 8 bucktails (5 dyed) 64 spools of thread, wire, a few thousand hooks, a bunch of synthetic materials, patches of beaver, badger, fox, coyote, elk, moose (and moose mane) bags of marabou, partridge, grouse, turkey, ostrich, pheasant and peacock, 5 bobbin holders and a bunch of other tools, and a few things that I still haven't identified. I wasn't certain I would enjoy it, but now find it's almost as fun as fishing - especially with a polar vortex heading this way. It was the best investment I've ever made - and I'm still looking for more stuff. I've been learning a lot here, and decided to finally step out of the shadows.

Oh did we step off in the deep end.

Welcome glad to have you on the site. Lots of great folks here to help out. Even if you don't ask a specific question you will read something and say hhhuuummm.