Fly Tying
flytire

First Car

My first car was a 1967 Chrysler Newport Custom. It was just something to get around in.

I spent my money on motorcycles.

Golly you guys kept them cars a long time.

I've been driving my current vehicle for just over 17 years now. Like Mike, it's just a tool to me...always has been. Never was too interested in cars. Lots of other things to throw money at. It's getting close to time to retire this one, though. Not sure what I'll do when it dies. Newer vehicles look like they'd require a star fleet qualification to drive.

I don't have a picture, but my first car (vehicle) was an early '40s Willy's Jeep. It had been painted with a brush over the military olive with markings. It was sitting in an empty lot and had been there for a long time. My dad and I rebuilt the engine, had it painted and made a tube steel top support with a canvas cover. I drove that Jeep everywhere and even delivered papers on it for a couple of years, traveling 16 miles to pick up the papers and back to deliver them. I finally sold it and bought a 1966 Pontiac GTO with a 389, Muncie transmission and American Racing wheels. I miss them both but the Jeep more.

69 El Camino, so ugly it was cool. I sold it and bought it back 4 years later, so I owned it twice. Finally sold it again. Had to clean a fouled plug every 100 miles or so. That thing was fast, but front heavy. When it rained you couldn't stop it in a 40 acre field.

1980 Honda Civic 1300DX. The only vehicle I've ever owned that had 12" tires. Oh yes, it was a clown car to my 6'2" frame. Only got it stuck once, on a sandbar picking up my windsurfer.

1980 Honda Civic 1300DX. The only vehicle I've ever owned that had 12" tires. Oh yes, it was a clown car to my 6'2" frame. Only got it stuck once, on a sandbar picking up my windsurfer.

Those Honda seats are low though and they slide way back, I've always found them to be pretty comfortable, I run into more SUVs that are only built for short people than Honda cars.

Vicente,

The only vehicle that fit me better was a '85 Saab 900s. I could get in and drive until the tank was empty and never have to stop. Now I need a break every 50 miles-ish.

Michael

1968 Rambler/AMC Rebel Station wagon. No digital image. Mine was the same brown as the image below.

1968-amc-rebel-550-wagon-1.jpg

What a babe magnet.

Might have worked, though. The hottie I dated when I drove it in college has been my wife and best friend for 39 years!