Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Loooooong bench

FBRTrr.jpg
QF5e2v.jpg

Finally feeling a bit better from this cold today so after finishing a rod this morning I decided to do some work on the shop again. This is the 3rd time in 18 yrs now that I've made the work bench bigger. It started out 18 yrs ago as a simple 5ft wide bench. Then grew to 7ft x 4ft. Now it's a big 7ft x 12ft. No issues doing any size rod even in 1pc now after this smile.png

Now I'm just trying to decide what to do with the roll top desk I moved out of the way. Not really sure if I want to sell it but I don't use it now since I do all my tying at the workbench and don't have room for the roll top now. hmmmmm.

That is neat, I 'd have stuff piled yay deep before the paint got dry. Instead of cleaning up I just build more work top.

A roll-top desk from the Mid-West Custom Fly Rods Shop. Could be a collector's item some day. If you sell it, you should sign it.

Unfortunately, it won't fit in my luggage.

Glad you're feeling better.

The room looks good, Steve.

I replaced puny bench with super bench (yes, I really do name my benches.) Super bench is 12' by 8' and I'm loving it so I'm sure you will get lots of satisfaction from the upgrade. I do like the bench coffee station you got going on. I have room for about 3' more of bench, maybe I'll install a coffee station. Can't really call it super bench without a coffe station now can I?

Ditch the roll top. They went out with cassette tapes and 3.5" floppies.

Oh you GOT to have a coffee station. I'd die without my coffee station smile.png With spending 8-12hrs per day down at the bench I usually average a pot to pot & half a day.

Yeah I went ahead and stuck the roll top on facebook marketplace sad.png makes me sad to be honest. I really like roll tops, but now I just don't have any room for it anywhere down there.

Steve ... I would say, "I hope you're feeling better" ... but you get a lot of sh!# done when you're feeling crappy.

So, I don't know whether to send "get well" wishes or not !?!?