Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

The best vise ever

If I was to undertake this project (and I may someday), I would read the following article first. The vise looks dandy to me!

"Let's Tie One On", by Peter Stenabaugh, Vol 15, number 4, Jul 2002, Machinist's Workshop.

If you are able to locate a copy, please let me know. I didn't see it among the "back issues" at the magazine website, but phoning them may be more effective.

51XSJWQ992L._SY445_.jpg

Looks like a great article. I'd love to see it.

I have forged the vise stem, made of fish hooks. Working on the damascus inlays of trout, flies and feathers.

For the set of tools check out the Orvis Wasatch 32 piece set -- nicely thought out, nicely packaged.

Wow, 32 pieces. Can't imagine what they will all be. I will check it out. I'm going to narrow it down to the basics, probably about six pieces.

wasatch is defunct and the orvis set is no longer available on the orvis website

might find a set on ebay

All I can say is that's a "jaw-dropper". Thank you for providing the link!

At least it gets most of your tools in one place! I mean, when I need a bobbin-threader, I have to look around in the bottom of my box for a "spool" of wire (that came off of a motor relay)! laugh.png

Bill_729