Fly Tying
yooperflyfisher

Green Caddis hooks?

Green hooks would depend on whether you are trying to attract humans or trout. Green is on the verge of what trout can detect near the surface.

But trout don't buy flies. ;-)

unsure.png Once again, the question was about the retailer "Green Caddis Outfitters", not green colored hooks.dry.png

Well how do you like that? Doesn't read that way.

If they sell hooks that are the equivalent of Mustad, TMC or Gamakatsu hooks they may be OK. ;-)

https://gcoutfitters.com

Its a brand

Green hooks would depend on whether you are trying to attract humans or trout. Green is on the verge of what trout can detect near the surface.

But trout don't buy flies. ;-)

gogeneric.jpg

I received an email advertising Green Caddis hooks at $2 per 25 pack and since I often spend $5 to $9 for a 25 pack at Cabela's  why not try them?.   I ordered a small variety of barb less #16s & #14s and got them in 3 days.  They have a reasonably nice black nickle finish and though the wire is lighter in general than a fire hole stick they're also only $2 (25) vs $7.25 (36).   Besides a lighter wire can be a good thing at times.  Total shipping was $3.59.  They seem like decent hooks for the price.  

The shipment was short one package.  I emailed them about that this morning and they immediately shipped out.  No complaints.

I like their hooks, and I prefer a black finish, very sharp, wider gape on the dry hook.  I've been using them (not exclusively) since last spring with no complaints, so ordered another batch in November.  Both of those orders arrived within a week.  Can't beat the price, that's for sure.