Fly Tying
Jwismer

DIY Fly Tying Vise

Gotta watch the video. He's not holding the 'stats.

attachicon.gif clamped.png

That's my question, I watched that frame ten times and still can't see how he is holding the 'stat.

Is the handle in some other vise or vise grips or welded to a skillet, or?

If the forceps are clamped in a Renzetti vise he may have a promising career waiting for him as a New York State Highway Department Civil Engineer.

I think it's photoshopped. Everybody knows you can't tie flies without quality (expensive) tools. I see his real vise off to the left.

good god google it

R6wY5Of.jpg

It's easier to get you to Google stuff for us than to do it ourselves. smile.png laugh.png biggrin.pngtongue.png

I know this is from the "Huck Finn" school of fly fishing, but I thought the video was interesting, and germane to the Thread...

I'm not as photo oriented as you all, in my case a dozen words are worth a thousand pictures. But thank you all any way, you went the extra mile to show the same blur in several views and I appreciate that, but it really is not that important.

You can buy small table top vises that mount on a table top via of a suction cup and lever. You could then clamp the hemostat in the vise.

"please post a photo of that suction cup vise"

OMG, Google it. Just funnin' ya Norm. smile.png

i would but i'm joining the "i'm to f$%^*ng lazy to do it myself so will you do it for me" club

7IXx.gif

in case youre looking for a pedestal vise

d31b5de068dc97480f0e73f3633a73bc.jpg

This is a chat room, we like to chat. It's much more personal to see things that people are talking about, and you know exactly what they are talking about, when they post a picture themselves rather than just "Googling it".

In this case, where people were wondering how he held the hemostats, the best way to answer that question was to "Google" it. On the other hand, if someone is talking about a particular fly, I want to see the fly he is talking about, not every fly that falls into that category on the internet at large. I want to see the recipe he is talking about not just any recipe that show up on the internet.

I come here to converse with people, if I wanted to learn everything I want to learn by just Googling it, I would, and I would be a lonely person.

I rebuilt my whole vise. I've walked hundreds of miles in the Brooks Range to catch a fish. I drill through 33 inches of ice at thirty below zero to catch a fish. Lazy...

I appreciate your contributions here Norm, I always click on what you have to say. Thanks.