Fly Tying
flytire

Tim Schrandt - Rest in Peace - :)

hmmm. we shared a birthday, and evidently the ability to offend and piss people off. Wonder now if it has something to do with the birthday...

oddly enough some people do believe birthdays influence personality, and a whole slew of other things. After reading up on it it all seems to be bullshit to me, But people believe bullshit all the time. *shrugs* it was an interesting waste of time to look it up however so it's all good.

Okay ... so I'm hijacking the thread. No offense intended to the recently deceased, but I generally don't care when people I don't know die.

I just had to respond to this bit ... not as a direct reply, just as an observation and opinion.

oddly enough some people do believe birthdays influence personality, and a whole slew of other things.

It's called "astrology" ... and it's nothing new. You're correct that it's mostly baloney. I say "mostly" because your birthday determines what seasons you become "aware" in. My opinion, mind you, is that if you're born in the Summer, you don't start to become aware of your environment until Fall. You don't truly start interacting with that environment until Winter. Follow that logic through all the formative years, and most Summer born children develop certain attitudes and traits during certain climate and environmental conditions.

As much as we laud our intelligence, we are still very much animals. We are conditioned and trained through our childhood.

So, an astrologist who knows when you were born can make assumptions based on that conditioning and be right more often than not.

Just an opinion and conversation starter in parties ... feel free to use it to break the ice sometime.

I think the point was the obit, which was umm.. pretty vivid.

I'd always thought that astrology was predicting whats going to happen, like the BS in the paper. Evidently some people carry it a lot further. seems a different sort of BS but still much the same. Yeah I can see where developmental stages are influenced as to when by birth time, after all 6 months from birth is 6 months from birth etc. still it was an interesting waste of time sort of research, with many points of 'people really believe this BS?'

Same kind of people who believe the Earth is flat and that we've never sent men to The Moon.

some people think the moon and sun control the tides too

I guess it could be said that astrology has it's roots in Genesis 1:14-18, stars are set as markers for "signs and for seasons, and for days and years". All primitives seem to have thought there was a connection between celestial bodies and happenings on earth, but our American society is based on Judaeo-Christian mythology so Genesis is the primary source.

I dont get the point of this thread I clicked the link and really dont get what he did to piss people off what so some asshole died,assholes die every day.

As long as youre bringing up astrology you want to talk about life after death? I have proof there is life after death. It has nothing to do with God or the Bible Ijust know there is life after death.

biggrin.png Life after death ... another "touchy" subject. Those who believe in it cannot be persuaded otherwise. Those of us who don't ... need definite, repeatable and quantifiable proof to even consider otherwise.

After reading some of the replies, from members who DID read the whole obituary ... I just went back and read it.

That's funny !!! I don't know who wrote it, but that family has a great sense of humor. Even if the "bad" parts were true, the whole thing is very well written.

I want to find the writer ... get them to write mine, when it's my time !!!