Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What do you do at your day job?

Retired ironworker (size 18 shirt Size 3 hat). Now I fish, hunt, tie and play in my woodworking shop after I'm done with the boss's orders.

I've been at a Caterpillar dealership for 15 years. Started in the warehouse sorting parts and building hydraulic hoses. Then moved to the parts counter, was in the field as a product support rep. Then warehouse manager, and in 2010 came back to the parts counter.

Retired from the Air Force in 2001 and working for Department of Defense. If I told you any more, I'd have to have you removed and take all your fly tying materials. Plan to retire-retire in about 9-10 years.

I was an Optometrist for 25 years. Had to close the practice during a recession and worked at Wally World for a few years.

Now I am perfecting the cranky old guy role.

Help with a Food Bank and the Public Library. Also do some crocheting.

Rick

In my early career I was a corporate pilot. They gave me a beautiful Comanche twin engine to fly but I realized I loath living out of hotel rooms. For the past decade I've worked as a utility engineer doing fiber network design.

Retired now, but back in the day, Public Relations and Management in the Entertainment Biz.

PT/TB

I've been a mechanical engineer for too long to remember. 30 so years. I design machines used to produce PVC pipe, Vinyl Siding, and other extruded products. This is a big Hydrotester used to pressure test PVC pipe getting loaded.

post-19822-0-69180000-1556820949_thumb.jpg

There's a lot of very interesting occupations showing up here. I wonder if fly tying naturally attracts people that are otherwise interestingly occupied or is my question just selective in itself? Maybe if you thought you didn't have anything interesting to say, you wouldn't answer this thread.

1) As many members as we have, we don't actually have a lot of PARTICIPATING members. So, many people aren't answering because they just ... don't.

2) You just asked THIS MORNING ... give it some time !!!

1) As many members as we have, we don't actually have a lot of PARTICIPATING members. So, many people aren't answering because they just ... don't.

2) You just asked THIS MORNING ... give it some time !!!

I'm not complaining. My remark was only about how interesting the people are that have answered, not about people not answering.

Been in Battery/charger business for many years. Im a field tech and much of my time is repairing chargers . Any kind that charge electric forklifts, pallet jacks , and what not. Actually just changed jobs, work for a forklift company and will be developing a battery and charger repair facility , then mentor younger people to carry on.