Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Get well Mike!

Get better soon. Hopefully the new plumbing will give you years of good health.

Hope you are back on your feet soon Mike. Most importantly, hope it doesn't cut into your fishing time.

Hope you get better soon Mike, and back on the forum!

I knew there was a heart under the gruff exterior. Get well soon and don't rush the recovery. The fish and the forum will wait for you to return healthy and in your prime.

Glad you caught it in time. Actually thought about you yesterday morning as we were fishing in 45 degree weather with wind and light rain. Do the work and you will be on the water before you know it.

Just to let you guys know, Mike called me last night. He sounded really good for someone that just had a quad bypass not even 3-4 days ago. Docs told him he's doing better than most do so that was great to hear. Not sure when he'll be out of the hospital but I'd probably guess sometime next week most likely.

First of all ... thank you to all you well wishers. I wasn't able to access my account while in the hospital, but I was able to read the posts as a guest. It meant the world to me.

I'm not going to repeat that thanks on the below "special" posts ... just felt they needed a little extra comment ...

I'm sure Mike (Mikechell) would not mind me posting this.

Didn't mind at all. It's why I called you. I hated to involve you, with your own family loss going on, but I figured you'd be pissed if I'd called someone else.

Best wishes Mile. Get well soon, those fish need you to provide entertainment and exercise.

Entertainment and exercise. The big ones get that by avoiding my flies.

A few more big ones in the future and maybe I can work off the extra "material" in my veins!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You are going to feel like. You have lots of energy once the healing is done!

Back home now ... lots of recovery to do. But I can already feel differences to the better.

im sure he is blaming it on his cold stay in illinois this winter!

Of course I am. That's what hardened all the material in my veins!

Good news that Mike is doing well ! Hope you can get out and fishing soon Mike.

Me too ... and I'll be working hard to be able to get out there sooner than the doctors would prefer.

Hope you are back on your feet soon Mike. Most importantly, hope it doesn't cut into your fishing time.

I'm pretending it's the middle of Summer, and that the hot weather is making it unpleasant to go out.

I knew there was a heart under the gruff exterior. Get well soon and don't rush the recovery. The fish and the forum will wait for you to return healthy and in your prime.

Don't spread that "heart under there" rumor around. It's not good for my teacher/student relationships !!!

The fish will wait. The forum requires so little effort, it's almost like I'm not bugging people at all !

Actually thought about you yesterday morning as we were fishing in 45 degree weather with wind and light rain.

THAT was the day !!! There was one day when ALL the aches and pans came back ... now I know why!!!

Speedy recovery Mike. We need your droll candor around here.

I didn't know what "droll candor" meant. I HAD to stay alive long enough to get home and look it up on the computer !!!

May the sun shine on your shoulders and help with a fast recovery. Good to hear the procedure was a success.

Michael

That was today. We had to stop on the way home, to pick up all the prescriptions. Wife went it, I stood by the car in the full sunshine and 90 degree heats and soaked it in. I don't know how long she was in there, but I was still a bit chilly when she roused me and I had to get back in the car.

I am home now. Home Care comes in tomorrow to detail what they'll be doing over the next few weeks. Again, thank you ALL for you well wishes and thoughts.

wub.png Literally, and in so many ways.

And hey, its just about summer!! Looking forward to 80 degree mornings.

Glad to hear you're doing better.