Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Get well Mike!

Mike, I've been off the forum for a bit so I'm just learning of your ordeal. Sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad to hear that the procedure went well and that you're back home and on the mend. I hope that continues, and that you're feeling like your old self --or maybe an even better new self--soon. Take care and be well.

Mike, I've been away for a couple of weeks, and just now reading this! Glad to hear you're doing well!

One of my neighbors just had the same surgery about 2 weeks ago, and I saw him this morning taking a walk down our street. He went in for a stent, and they did the triple bypass instead.

You be sure to follow the Doc's instructions! rolleyes.gif Will be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers! smile.png

Thank you, Tide.

My walks are so much easier than I have been able to achieve for years. But I'm cycling, right now, through good days and "tired" days. Yesterday, I felt drained all day. Today, I feel more normal.

But I'm still on the mend and getting better.

I am sure you were glad to leave that breathing thing with the balls in far behind at the hospital...that thing really made me miserable and I didn't have the "zipper" to contend with. Keep up the good work - glad the healing is moving along!

LOL No, flyty1 ... they sent them home with me.

One to exercise exhaling, one to exercise inhaling. I've been using them as per recommendations.

I just noticed this. I had a triple two years ago. It takes a while to get back to full speed, but you just added years to your life, if your wife doesn't catch you leering at the nurses. Then all bets are off.

Some days are good, some you get up tired. Diet and exercise. Learning to relax. Go fishing when you can.

Three weeks since the operation. Everything's been good, except yesterday morning.

I've been having these "light headed" moments when I stand for over a week. They've always been momentary, no more than 10 seconds, and manageable.

About 3 AM, I woke up, needing to pee. I remember sitting up on the edge of the bed.

Next thing I remember, is falling and landing on the tub on my right lower back (about ten feet from the bed). I hoisted myself up onto the toilet ... and still light headed, saw Wife show up.

Next thing after that, is her yelling my name while I am slumped over, almost falling into the tub. She's got my arm, but I am so sweaty, she can hardly hold onto me. I came to and helped her help me back onto the toilet.

I was sweating profusely, like I'd just broken a high fever. She got the cuff, but my pulse and blood pressure were normal when it gave me the reading. So was my temperature a few seconds later, when we checked that.

There's no visible bruising. My nose feels like I hit it on something during the episode. My right lower back feels bruised, but like I said, no visible signs.

Since then, I've hardly had any light headed moments.

Other than that ... I'm doing much better in all other aspects of healing from the surgery.

Only just seen this thread.

First of all great to see you are generally well.

The light headed episodes. I'm guessing they will be part of the arteries getting used to the new flows that they haven't had for x years.

Have you checked your BP sitting then again after standing for a minute? If there is a drop (postural hypotension) of more than 10 in your systolic (the top number) then your meds may need tweaked.

Were you on oral nitrates prior to the op? Here in UK we would be stopping these ASAP after a CABG which should help too

Thanks, Piker.

Actually went back to the Emergency Room yesterday. The Home Nurse called my heart surgeon after her 9 AM visit. His office then called me and said GO ... to the Emergency Room ... NOW!

So, I was admitted. They did every test they could without sedation. ALL my numbers and scans say I don't have any problems.

The Cardiologist says ... vasovagal syncope combined with minor dehydration. I just need to drink more fluid than I already do, and be careful for another couple of weeks.

Back home, and feeling better.

Hi Mike - I am on a number of meds for high BP...I have also passed out after standing quickly from a prone position or, being dehydrated...I hope that is your "fix"! Before my episode of dehydration, I didn't feel anything in particular until I was light-headed and then I was on the ground. Best of luck and good wishes on the progression of your recovery.

Good news and bad (more accurately - less than good) news at the cardiologist today.

1. I still can't drive. I saw a nurse practitioner ... the doc needs to sign off on the driving.

That's bad, because it means I can't take the boat to the river. It's okay/good, because it means I can't go back to work, yet.

2. I CAN go fishing. So, in the morning, I'm taking Longclaw over to the pond. I'M GOING FISHING !!!

3. The worst of the news. In about 6 months, I'll need to get my carotid arteries worked on. They, too, were clogged. Hopefully, meds and exercise will reduce the restriction and I can put off those surgeries until next Spring. (After the Dealer Season is over.)

4. I'm good to go, other than the driving. And that is actually just a formality of getting it in writing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.