Fly Tying

Ive got a set of flies ready to go in the mail and I will do my best to get them in the mail tomorrow. The problem is that is a pattern I learned from watching a YouTube video and now I cant find the video. I did a search for something like Fly Patterns Using India Hen and this video popped up. But it doesnt pop up now. It is an old pattern and it was something like Great Northern Wet Fly. It had something to do with North??? Does that ring a bell for anyone? It used some Golden Olive yarn instead of thread. You tie in the India Hen Hackle first, then wax the yarn and use that the make the yarn tacky so the dubbing sticks to it. Spinning the bobbing spins the yarn on the yarn makes a really neat dubbed body. Anyway, whatever it is, I learned some new techniques and I really hope the fly will fish.

Ok. Im editing this post to say that I did find it. It is a North Country Wet Fly, or at least my version of it. I hope it works for you

BB

Shipped today: No Hackle BWO & Emerging Caddis

Antron added to both for sparkle.

pVStx07.jpg

Can anyone PM me Fishingbobnelson's mailing address?

Thanks

BB

Page 2 4th post.