Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

2019 Hurricane season

But ... a hurricane is over in a few days, might miss you completely and can be nothing more than a good source of fresh water.

During Winter ... It never seems to end, it CAN'T miss you and you can't get out of it AND all the fresh water is frozen.

I'll take my chances. And I am going fishing tomorrow ... before the winds start kicking up!

Yeah but snow isn't gonna level my house or put 6ft of water into it lol. 5 months of FLUFFY STUFFtongue.png is a small price to pay for peace of mind laugh.png

Hopefully it weakens before landfall. I just looked and says it got stronger overnight and now saying 150mph winds and also may hit Georgia and the Carolina's. Hopefully it doesn't come ashore as a full on Cat 4 :(

As of right now, the storm is 6 mph short of a CAT 5. It has also taken a slight jog northward and as things stand now kind of looks like its going to skim up the coastline. It doesnt take much for a big storm to switch tracks.

ohmy.png

nc_snowcrushe2_160125.jpg

With luck, this beast will curve completely out to sea and none of the Coastal States will suffer.

Pity the people in the Bahamas, though. I believe the topography of the entire archipelago will look different after Dorian sits there for more than a day.

Man I feel sorry for them in the Bahamas. Just been watching some of the coverage on the Weather Ch and it's just unreal how strong this thing is right now. Like a sustained EF4 tornado that will last for many hours. When the weatherman says "I've never seen anything like this"....you know that is not good.

Boy I hope the northerly curve happens and everyone on the mainland is spared. It looks like this beast will be heading right towards us all day today until the supposed curve happens. Prayers going out for the Bahamas getting bashed by this cat 5 storm that is barely moving.

i saw a report sunday night that stated the hurricane to be a category 5 hitting the bahamas with 185 mph winds gusting to 220 mph

whats going to be left when it passes? :(

mind boggling!

Waking this morning ... watching the Weather Channel. That monster is still sitting over the Bahamas ... but it SEEMS to be turning north. If it does turn north now, it might miss the coast completely. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next few hours !!!

Sure hoping it moves North. Watching it on weather ch and it doesn't seem like its moving North very much, but then again they said it is only crawling along at 1mph so I'm sure it's not gonna show much movement for at least another day or so. Keeping fingers crossed and trying to will it North for you guys in FL.

Recurring theme:

When I forget the camera, I catch my largest fish. When I take the camera, I never catch a big fish.

When I lower the anchor, the wind stops ... raising it causes the wind to kick up. (I call my anchor a wind magnet)

Your meal, in a restaurant, always comes when you go wash your hands.

Etc.

I've gone through the work of boarding up the windows. That's probably going to cause the storm to turn away from us.

Thanks for that Mike, you boarded up, and now Dorian just might stay east of the coast. I wouldn't take those shields down until Wednesday just to be safe.

I can't believe it hasn't moved all day. It's literally been stationary for the past 8 hrs now. Have any of you guys ever seen one do that before? I've seen some slow moving ones before, but stationary? I didn't know that was even possible.

Nope ... never in the 28 years I've been living down here.

This hurricane is moving so slow, Jim Cantore was arrested for loitering.