Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Another big project in the works

You'll need to do a video view round When's it's complete.

You setting up a big Halloween display again this year or just going to a local show.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. A couple weeks ago I bought that big area rug for a hell of a good deal. I was not sure it would fit but when you find a $1500 rug for $60 you jump on it. I was really hoping it would fit because being such a high end rug this thing is just unbelievably plush and well made.

So since I have all the painting done now I lugged it out and unrolled it, which was harder than it sounds, this sucker weighs a ton. Check this out, the one end just barely touches the one wall.... BTW you can tell the camera I used for these pics is my fishing camera, looks like I need to clean the water spots off the lens I guess laugh.png

D6e954.jpg

And the other end just barely touches the opposite wall....... Ummm yeah, I planned it that way mellow.png laugh.png

2c3mw8.jpg

A cool feature of the attic are these built in book shelf / cubby holes. I decided to use one of them for putting all the electronic gear into (surround sound receiver, Blu ray player, and PS4). I was a bit concerned about heat since it's a partially enclosed area so since the back side of the cubby hole is basically the crawlspace near the edge of the roofline which gets much cooler than the rest of the house I hole sawed some ventilation holes into the back panel and then mounted dual electric computer fans to pull in the cooler air and blow across the electronic gear.

EnhNui.jpg

It's looking good, Steve. You need to keep your eyes open for some red/maroon drape material, so you can put stage curtains on that TV wall.

Are you going to put a window unit A/C system in there?

Oh yeah definitely will be buying a window ac next spring. Right now it's pretty comfortable up there, but in the warmer weather it gets about 20f hotter being on the 2nd level so will prob pick up a 5k-6k BTU ac unit for it next year.

Well done with rods for the night so back to doing a bit on this project. There was an old hutch/china cabinet upstairs when I was cleaning so I decided to keep the top part of it to redo into a blu ray/dvd/ps4 game storage unit. It wasn't in bad shape, is real wood because it is from the 1960's so not this cheap stuff they make these days. But was old, color was not matching to the theater room, and hated the glass doors that were on it. So I stripped the doors off (left the three center accents because I kind'a like them) sanded it down, painted it gloss black, and added some vinyl floor tile cut to fit the shelves to give it a cleaner look. Total investment of a whopping $12

H8JpEo.jpg

Well I am by no means done at all. Still have a lot of decorating to do yet. Have to still build the "concession" area. I have a 4ft formica counter top I just bought todat for that with a 4ft cabinet base. That will be home to a oil popcorn machine and mini fridge when done. Still have to paint the stairwell that leads upstairs as well as frame and hang movie posters that will decorate the stairwell. Really still lots to do, but had to share some pis of it in its current state. Hard to believe it looked like the very first pic in this post just a month ago.

Last night I finished wiring up the surround sound 5.1 dolby system, PS4, and new Sont blu Ray player. I actually sat down and watched about an hour of a UFC fight in there last night. To say it was VERY enjoyable would be an understatement. So glad I decided to do this. Mike you for sure have to come here in Feb. We'll rent a few movies and hang out eating popcorn if ya do :)

Still lots to do but here's a few pics...

bhWHho.jpg
kGW1kI.jpg
CbKukM.jpg
37yRB0.jpg

Man I love FB marketplace. Just scored a nice all black 2 cubic foot mini fridge for only $20 :) Picked up a really nice Formica 4ft counter top on clearance from Lowes the other day. Normal price $79.99 but on clearance for $28. Just have to get the popcorn machine and the "concessions" area will be ready to put together then.

Don't worry Mike I won't charge you full movie theater prices. Pop will only be $5 and popcorn $7, that's with your senior discount tongue.png laugh.png

Don't worry Mike I won't charge you full movie theater prices. Pop will only be $5 and popcorn $7, that's with your senior discount tongue.png laugh.png

ohmy.png blink.png Is that per movie ??? Or a one time fee if we watch two ??? dry.png

Still ... might be worth it !!!

Mike, double features haven't existed since I was a kid. Get ready to pull your wallet out. Lol