Fly Tying
vicrider

Never too early to think Christmas Swap

I'm in if there is still room. Flies with a New England connection.

Sandan and Darrell, you're in. Also a few cyber friends from another board want in. If any of you have friends you trust who like to join keep them in mind.

Cool deal, thanks Nick. I'll pass the word

When you say "in" does it mean in the mail? If so, I'm totally in. I will do the 6 large freshwater flies.

When you say "in" does it mean in the mail? If so, I'm totally in. I will do the 6 large freshwater flies.

its all in the instructions on page 1

Ize be in. Curious about how much postage does a typical box cost? Try all categories and send some unconventional matl that is used to add to the mix.

If I were to come up with an average cost to ship a box around the states in a 9x11 bubble envelope it would be between $4 and $6. You can pretty much base it on what your mailing costs are and round up.

Also vicrider, would be cool to get trout nymphs and dries, or small streamers I guess- I don’t fish streamers much except for small Simi-Seal Buggers and Leeches, since I don’t fish saltwater or bass, and hardly ever fish for any other fish but trout and salmon. I do fish for bass and panfish occasionally but I have one bass box and that’s enough. I noticed you said you could base the flies we get by fishing preference. If you can’t, that’s fine too. Thanks so much for organizing this swap.

Samsonboi, your gift box is in the trout storage box. Generally, unless someone specifically asks different, you will get an exchange gift from someone else out of the box they go in. I have 3 different boxes for gifts to keep them sorted and get people back something they can use. I doesn't make a lot of sense for a guy fishing saltwater to open his gift and find it full of tine dry flies and nymphs. Only help him if he wanted to use them to fish for the bait he uses on longlines.

I'd like to bring something else. Santa's helpers always contribute a few extras to include in the packages. If any of them are from commercial enterprises and noted please give them consideration after checking out their product.

I'm in. I'll submit a half dozen bass streamers this year. I will find time with the new baby to get them tied and out in the mail asap.

No rush Josh. I went through the new baby routine many many years ago and finding time is not always easy when they get demanding. Lots of time but you're in for sure.