Fly Tying
flytire

October Flies From The Vise

DarrellP, what really makes a head look professional is UV coating. It hardens smooth, lets head color show through but can't really see the imperfections we almost all have in tying off the heads.

DSCF5012.JPG DSCF5014.JPG

And here's that Sculpin head version of Mrs. Simpson I have great hopes for in Brown Trout water.

DSCF5374.JPG DSCF5375.JPG

I was asking "why tie anything that small?" Jokingly. I know those tiny things work ... I also know my eyes and hands would fall off if I tried to tie them.

Fall right off, like the Black Knight's extremities on "The Holy Grail".

Hey cream, what you using for the gill / thorax area behind the bead on that first zebra-ish one? (If you don't mind)

Think it has to Ice Dub or Antron yarn but I'll wait for the master to come in and speak up so I can copy them. It can get tricky when you work with extra material behind the bead on size 24s but they need something to dress them up. Usually use a tiny tuft of poly for gills on zebras and blood worms.

Hey cream, what you using for the gill / thorax area behind the bead on that first zebra-ish one? (If you don't mind)

Ice Dub. I was going for a Thread Frenchie style zebra midge. I used UV Brown Ice Dub on those.

Here's a few TeQueely style streamers for Halloween which did quite well for me a few weeks ago on a warm and low stream: Smallmouth, Fallfish, and one surprise Brookie. .

post-60085-0-39418300-1570667143_thumb.jpg

Couple layers of fingernail polish can cure that, Darrell.

Yeah, and new glasses so that I can see them better. Time for me to go to the optometrist.

Funny story, one day I was fishing with a friend on the beach. He noted that the girl sunbathing down the beach was topless. I told him it was just a white bikini. As we worked our way down, he was proved right. I got new glasses later in the week.

Couple layers of fingernail polish can cure that, Darrell.

Yeah, and new glasses so that I can see them better. Time for me to go to the optometrist.

Funny story, one day I was fishing with a friend on the beach. He noted that the girl sunbathing down the beach was topless. I told him it was just a white bikini. As we worked our way down, he was proved right. I got new glasses later in the week.

Wait, which beach?rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Muddler madness. One day I'll get paired turkey wing quills.

Nice work all, keep 'em coming. I'll second Mark's question, what beach? Years ago in UT. fishing the Provo River the section of which now is under Jordanelle Reservoir, a couple of us were cutting through a small, out of the way meadow ringed with trees. Lo and behold there was a gal sunbathing topless. To this day I don't know who was more surprised seeing the other.

post-61480-0-47625700-1570737242_thumb.jpg