Fly Tying
TIER

Plz Show me your favorite egg patterns and how to tie them

The salmon are in in the clearwater, and I want to see your best egg patterns for the grayling.

Babine Special

Hook: Diaichi 2441 size 6 or equivalent

Thread: UNI 06 Hot Orange

Tail: CDC Puff

Eggs; Hot Orange GLO Yarn

One CDC White Feather between eggs

Small White Marabou

Build thread base, tie in small CDC Puff at rear of hook. Using any egg tying method tie on one egg and trim. Tie in one CDC feather by the tip. Stroking fibers toward the rear wrap like a hackle using as much of the feather as possible. Tie in second egg and trim. Pull off a small amount of Marabou and tie in like a wing, fibers should extend past hook. Build a good head, throw a couple of whip finishes and a couple coats of head cement.

post-20459-0-98836000-1570384688_thumb.jpg

globugs-down.jpg

stab a craft pompom onto a curved style hook and secure to the hook shank with a drop of crazy glue and voila! a small batch of easy peasy glo bugs

We fished "eggs" for years on steelhead and salmon up north in Superior tribs by tying a snell knot on the shank of an up eye hook. Push a loop in the tippet and tuck a couple of different colors of yarn under loop, pull tight and trim as required. Use small pre-cut pieces of yarn and you didn't need to trim.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope. Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background. The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

FishingBob, I just wanted to say that I think the quote above is truly lovely. Thanks for sharing! I looked up the book, but I think I would be more interested in just visiting Montana--In Person! : )

Bill_729

Hey Bill ... did you somehow cross-over from the "book quotes" thread? A rift in space/time, perhaps?

Hey Bill ... did you somehow cross-over from the "book quotes" thread? A rift in space/time, perhaps?

No, I just read FishingBobNelson's "signature" above. Sorry if I caused any loss of continuity for you.